Idle levels and adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentsee

Reaction score
Hey guys I got my Max serviced today at a local shop,The guy did an amazing job and the bike has never ran better,but now my bike when it's warm idles at 1300 I was wondering if I adjust the idle do I have to re-sync carbs....Any info would be appreciated

you will be ok to drop the idle a bit and wont effect the sync, but hopefully thats the issue and not from a bad sync or stuck slide or something. so start with turning the big thumb screw down to 1000-1100 and see how it runs.

Yup - just turn the big thumb screw anticlockwise when the bike's warm to get it down to 1050 +-50 rpm. Make sure the choke's full off (lever all the way up).

If you can't get it down to the right idling rpm then the sync's off. The thumb screw is simply a rest for the throttle plates, so it won't affect anything but the idle speed.

Im out of town right now working....When I get back home i'll give it a try.....Thanks!!

Back