I'm with the professor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hut3VRL5XRE

Ya, I get you might forget to shut your phone off before class. It rings. Shut it off right away, maybe apoligize. But then to have the balls to start texting right in front of the proffessor. Total lack of respect for the professor, and the class. I don't know what there policy is for this stuff, but I know i would have very much wanted to do the same thing. I have a severe dislike for "interruptive technology" I can be having a nice conversation with my kid, then look over at him and his head is buried in a game or texting:damn angry: After looking at the video again, It looks like they set the Professor up. Probably not his first phone casualty.

PROFESSOR grabs my phone like that he'll hit the floor harder then phone did 2 rudes don't make a right . But yea I agree hate it when people have their face buried deep in their phones

PROFESSOR grabs my phone like that he'll hit the floor harder then phone did 2 rudes don't make a right . But yea I agree hate it when people have their face buried deep in their phones

I fully expected that response, I would feel like you. So here's the question. Would you be that guy that keeps his phone on, or texts in a situation like that. Screw everybody else, I'm the most Important. Or are you respectful of the situations similiar to this. It would have never happened if the guy had respect for Authority. Something in short supply these days.

My professors always wore a coat and tie .
They demanded your respect , in that if you were a disruption , you were asked to leave the class and see him / her in their office at the end of the day. You were then given a choice of straightening up or you failed the class , then and there. If it was your money , you didn't press that envelope.

Well maybe it was time for the student to learn that there are consequences to your actions.

At the high school I teach at ( for another 50 days) the first time the phone dcomes out during class it is aken away and sent to the office. Student may pick it up at the end of the day. Second offense---Parent must pick up the phone. Because of this there are very ,very few phone problems. Besides---- reception sucks in the building.
Lew

My professors always wore a coat and tie .
They demanded your respect , in that if you were a disruption , you were asked to leave the class and see him / her in their office at the end of the day. You were then given a choice of straightening up or you failed the class , then and there. If it was your money , you didn't press that envelope.
+1, I wish more of the present day teaching "professionals" were more like this example.

Can't say I blame him. But in this new society I'm sure the instructor was on the hook for replacing the student's phone. Good thing it didn't bounce off the floor and clip someone else in the face too.

I fully expected that response, I would feel like you. So here's the question. Would you be that guy that keeps his phone on, or texts in a situation like that. Screw everybody else, I'm the most Important. Or are you respectful of the situations similiar to this. It would have never happened if the guy had respect for Authority. Something in short supply these days.

Actually....neither Tim. I'm one of a very small number of people who don't own a cell phone.....and have no intention of getting one.

No watch either! Sold my business a few years ago, threw the watch out the truck window into a river, smashed the cell phones and tossed the pieces in the dump....and you know what? I'm never late and, to my knowledge, never missed a life altering phone call.

Latest posts

Back