Inspection sticker plate

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkw0417

Reaction score
Someone may have thought of this before but I figured I would post it. I put a new LED tail light on this weekend and it looks great but I didn't want that ugly dealer plate sticking out the bottom for the inspection sticker. So I picked up a smaller plate and was gonna mount it on the side of the bike but I figured out a better spot. I connected it to one of the bolts holding the plate on, between two washers so I can move it without unscrewing the nut. If I get pulled over I will just play dumb like it must have slipped down officer. But it will spend most of the time tucked up behind the plate. I used one of those nylon nuts so it isn't likely to back off and let the plate swing.

No pic of it all the way behind but you can see on the side view it tucks in perfectly. and lines up just inside the edge of the plate.

If anyone had a better idea I am open to suggestions.

Attachments

• taillight.jpg
    taillight.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 24
  • sideview.jpg
    sideview.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 18
  • out.jpg
    out.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 19
  • halfway.jpg
    halfway.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 17
Someone may have thought of this before but I figured I would post it. I put a new LED tail light on this weekend and it looks great but I didn't want that ugly dealer plate sticking out the bottom for the inspection sticker. So I picked up a smaller plate and was gonna mount it on the side of the bike but I figured out a better spot. I connected it to one of the bolts holding the plate on, between two washers so I can move it without unscrewing the nut. If I get pulled over I will just play dumb like it must have slipped down officer. But it will spend most of the time tucked up behind the plate. I used one of those nylon nuts so it isn't likely to back off and let the plate swing.

No pic of it all the way behind but you can see on the side view it tucks in perfectly. and lines up just inside the edge of the plate.

If anyone had a better idea I am open to suggestions.

i like it man! MA inspections aren't too bad.. actually don't look all that bad on teh plate since the reg goes there too..

both of my max's were from NY and the idiots in that state make you put it on the top of the forks. both of mine are glued there.. gonna have to remove them eventually..

i'm sure danny will chime in on where he puts his...

It's really well hidden.....can you find it?? Here's a hint...it's the only blue thing on the entire bike!:bang head:

Attachments

• 100_1289.jpg
    100_1289.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 27
Ours are a 2x3 rectangle. That little plate will give me about a .25" around all sides of the sticker and then it will be tucked back most of the time. I would be pissed if I had to put it on the forks.

It's really well hidden.....can you find it?? Here's a hint...it's the only blue thing on the entire bike!:bang head:

my '94 had them there

the '03 has them on the TOP OF THE FORKS!! even worse... ugh...

i took a razor to them and some goo gone for about 15 mins and it didn't even make a dent... i'll try again some other time.. those things are on wicked...

. I would be pissed if I had to put it on the forks.

I'm not very happy about it, I'll tell ya! But at least my inspection guy makes an effort to apply it straight. Some clowns just slap them on all crooked.....THAT'S when it really pisses ya off!!:bang head:

Danny, what is that white stuff on the ground in the back-ground?

What white stuff Ksnick?? :ummm: Oh, THAT stuff......well, we just got done filming an episode of "Ice Road Bikers" :rofl_200::wacko::snow::wacko::rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_1289.jpg
    100_1289.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1
Back