Installing 2 inch pivoting risers & their effect

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
Thanks to a member here for posting the link below ~ 2weeks ago, I ordered them in the hope of bringing the handle bar closer to me so my elbows bend ~ 80* while sitting comfortably upright.
I currently have the genmar universal riser, I wanted to use the stock wishbone clamp with the pivoting riser but found no space to put an allen to tighten them so I used the genmar upper clamp, the stock wishbone clamp will NOT work. it will work with the next size up the 3.5 inch.

my instant observation:

1- much easier tight turning and leaning the bike with no more going wide due to the bike's geometry (rake/ trail & long wheel base)
2- less tight gripping of the grips, much more relaxed,
3- Superb maintaining a straight line at walking speed,
4- Effortless & natural tight U turns.
5- Endless adjustability for maximum comfort & control.
6- Counter steering became effortless & more natural.
7- Works well with stock throttle cables length.

I haven't taken photos of it yet since I completed the mod at 1:00am & went for an hour & half ride in the cool crisp air.
check this posting again if interested in a photo, I'll post one later.

I have a superbike bar with this set up, I was able to position the bar as low as possible without hitting the faux cover giving much better road feedback. all in all I am glad I did this mod.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATV-...nowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2939wt_939

Just saw these on ebay as well:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...torcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

Looks to be the same thing only built specifically for the Vmax and available through planetvmax (formerly UFO?). But, they are twice the price. Maybe they work with the stock clamp though. A zoom in on the photo of the one above shows the outline of what appears to be the removed Rox sticker. Dunno, just thought it was interesting. Maybe member zxfyl is on here an can explain. I thought I recognized his moniker from the other vmax forum.

Oh, and Firefly, do you think with an ultra low profile allen you would be able to make the stock clamp work?

A zoom in on the photo of the one above shows the outline of what appears to be the removed Rox sticker.

Too funny!

Remove the sticker, call it a speciality item for the VMax and charge twice the price!

"How high were the Genmar risers you were using? Do they pivot or just offer one position?"

the genmar are one position ~ 3/4th rise but I only used the upper clamp so no rise.

"Firefly, do you think with an ultra low profile Allen you would be able to make the stock clamp work? "
the stock clamp will work if you use the pivoting riser as a riser only and not bring the bar closer to you other wise the stock clamp will not work because it gets in the way of them pivoting. the problem is not the Allen bolts.

Yes the pivoting risers in the link are the same but can be sold as vmax specific if you don't know better.

If you use the 3.5 inch pivoting riser it will clear the stock wishbone clamp.

Too funny!

Remove the sticker, call it a speciality item for the VMax and charge twice the price!

The advertised black only Rox @ $ 64.99 , vs the " polished billet aluminum " Rox @ $ 125.00 from Jon at UFO . hmmmmmmmmm , what am I missing here ?

"How high were the Genmar risers you were using? Do they pivot or just offer one position?"

the genmar are one position ~ 3/4th rise but I only used the upper clamp so no rise.

"Firefly, do you think with an ultra low profile Allen you would be able to make the stock clamp work? "
the stock clamp will work if you use the pivoting riser as a riser only and not bring the bar closer to you other wise the stock clamp will not work because it gets in the way of them pivoting. the problem is not the Allen bolts.

Yes the pivoting risers in the link are the same but can be sold as vmax specific if you don't know better.

If you use the 3.5 inch pivoting riser it will clear the stock wishbone clamp.

Would the stock lines work with the 3.5 pivot?

Back