Instrument after market cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zexus

Reaction score
I've come across what looks to be either a polished aluminum or chrome instrument cover (genuine Yamaha part). It goes over the stock plastic cover. Never seen one before anyone have one? are they rare?

If it only covers the top and doesn't have that lower front lip on it, I have one. I don't know exactly which part it is. Post a pic.

This is what I'm talking about. Anyone have a pic of one installed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 54
I've only seen one. It was brand new in the Yamaha packaging.

Probably are rare and I bet not made anymore. Desirability is another thing, subject to what you like personally.

Some one at my old job saw I got a Vmax and brought it in and gave it to me. Had it leftover from their Vmax days I guess. Didn't really know the guy.

Personally I thought it kinda cheap/cheesy, if I remember it attached to the instrument cluster plastic body with screws through the plastic where there weren't any holes to begin with.

I thought about just gluing it down but it didn't conform to the shape of the instrument cluster well enough to not have "spring back" therefore fighting the glue.

That's not to say it couldn't easily be installed cleanly and professional looking if I had have really wanted to. Just wasn't for me. It might have just been warped for all I know.
I just didn't want holes in the cluster to deal with if I changed my mind later.
Mine was brushed finish.

I gave it away I think. Haven't seen it in along time anyway.

rusty is right about how it attached. You can have mine for $10 if you want it. Don't go buy another one. I'm pretty sure it's just sitting here in a box. It does fit well, but it's not polished. It looks just like the risers.

rusty is right about how it attached. You can have mine for $10 if you want it. Don't go buy another one. I'm pretty sure it's just sitting here in a box. It does fit well, but it's not polished. It looks just like the risers.

PM sent

Back