Insurance cost and the O9 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxout1200

Reaction score
I was just wondering how other new owners of the 09 vmax are making out on insurance premiums.

There have been some complaints about the 09 coming out with a speed limiter. Personally I think Yamaha did its customers a favor by doing this as well as keeping the bike classified as a crusier. If this thing was advertised with a top speed of 180mph or so I think we would pay much more for insurance.

I was able to insure mine for under $200 per year. That being said I have a clear record, am age 55, and have completed a certified motorcycle saftey course. Geico gave me the best deal. In fact I changed all my vehicles over after 20 years with another company.

I was just wondering how other new owners of the 09 vmax are making out on insurance premiums.

There have been some complaints about the 09 coming out with a speed limiter. Personally I think Yamaha did its customers a favor by doing this as well as keeping the bike classified as a crusier. If this thing was advertised with a top speed of 180mph or so I think we would pay much more for insurance.

I was able to insure mine for under $200 per year. That being said I have a clear record, am age 55, and have completed a certified motorcycle saftey course. Geico gave me the best deal. In fact I changed all my vehicles over after 20 years with another company.

200.00 bucks a yr? Damn that is cheap. I hope thats everything included theft and collision with a 500.00 deductible.
I am sure theft is going to be high...

I bet the 09 VMAX's are going to be a collectible after about 10 yrs.
I can see this bike being stolen for that fact.

WOW!! Great price. Full coverage? I was quoted $420.00 Full everything and that is with a quality 20 years clean record (knocks on wood) Through Ryder Insurance

All of those are cheap as chips!

Wait till they get a history behind them like the previous bikes.

Fastmax,

Give Geico a call! I was quoted over $400 a year by Progressive also.

I did get full coverage with $250 deductable also uninsured motorist as it is required in SD.

Good luck!

I waiting for someone from Canada to say what their insurance quote is! :surprise::blink000::tantrum:

Fastmax,

Give Geico a call! I was quoted over $400 a year by Progressive also.

I did get full coverage with $250 deductable also uninsured motorist as it is required in SD.

Good luck!

Thanks a million, I will definitely call them!!

Back