Interesting quote from MCN

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ RJ RJ

Reaction score
""At an expected price of ?16,500, the V-Max is pretty hard to justify to the missus. That's a lot of money for a motorcycle, but then big name cruisers have never been cheap and they still sell, just look at Harley's... But this is no Davidson, complex electronics and and sportsbike specs are what pulls the price up, not marketing and branding. If you want a 197bhp cruiser and the kudos that goes with it, be prepared to pay for it.""

How about inverted forks? I like how they rate ride&handling and equipment at 3 stars but have nothing but high praise for them.

You have to understand how much the average UK rider/MCN reader is biased - they're all crotch rocket lovers!

So if you're gonna compare anything to the very hottest and latest found on R1s, Gixxers and other CBRs, of course it's gonna be hard to be up to par. :bang head:

They always had me in tears over there. I was almost a breed apart riding dual sports bikes, and was laughing all the way in town sitting up comfortably and able to make U-eys in a single lane road, while watching them fruitcakes in full matching leather suits with their aching wrists and ankles round their ears :rofl_200:

The best fun was losing the 600 riders for the first few hundred yards at the lights - by the time they let their clutch out I was shifting 3rd gear :punk:

Back