Intimators fitting question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
hey all,

I'm fitting my intimators, and wondered two things:

- on a pre-93 bike, what's the oil measurement from top of compressed forks with no springs in? I know it's 451cc in oil volume, but wondered about the distance from top to oil.

- since a have progressive springs with 120mm spacers above, and the intimators add 15mm at the bottom under the springs, should I cut my spacers by 15mm?

Thanx!

Do you have a Clymer? It's in there....I can check after work.

I believe it's 5.5 inches for early models and 4.8 inches for late models. But, don't hold me to that.

Mine is a later model front end, but when I did mine I just put 20 ounces of 5wt in each fork tube then cut 1/2" off spacer to compensate for the intiminators.

Richard

It is indeed 5.5" for the earlier forks - found the figure in an earlier post. Thanks Mark!

I didn't cut my spacers down yet, so I now have 15mm more preload on the Progressive springs because of the Intimators' height.

So far it feels pretty good, definitely more solid at the front for the 10 miles or so I rode it to work!

I have been really impressed with the intiminators. I have noticed that I can take turns and corners a lot faster than I used to be able to, I even hit a manhole cover in a curve today while only holding on with one hand, not even a wobble, gotta love em, I cant wait to swap some race tech springs in there in place of the factory springs!

Yes, that will be the acid test really - take a turn over 70mph and see if it keeps it together..

Did you give Ricor a review? I believe that's all they asked for in return for our 50% discount.

Back