Is this normal??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax06

Reaction score
Well, today was very goddamn hot Near Los Angeles, CA. I would say 100 degrees easy. The air was humid, people were melting, even the bike felt a little down on power

Well, i was traveling for about 15 miles in hot weather with a fair share of Vboosting lol. I looked at my temp gauge and saw this... Is that normal?????

Picture was shot at idle:
Vmaxspeedo001.jpg

Yup.....that temp is fine......

Mine will go there at 70 degrees....:punk:

i'd say as long as it slowly dropped as you kept the RPMs down and were moving ur fine.

my bike heats up if I keep the rpms to low. Heavy traffic or following harleys ( buddies) up a hill. Seems to cool much better crusing around 4000 to 5000. JMO

Glad to see another Max out here in So Cal
We all need to get together and go for a ride.
Cheers

Normal. However, install a bypass switch to turn your fan on while idling along in traffic. Mine now NEVER goes above the screw, in fact is stays as much below the screw as yours is above. I also flushed my coolant out and replaced with Engine Ice, I don't know if the Engine Ice made the difference or if it was the fact that I flushed the (Original) coolant and replaced with new, but it definitely runs cooler.

:)

Zippo, I have to agree with you on your temp. Mine runs the same as yours in the south Florida heat. Also keep my radiator flushed and clean. I'm running engine ice now, but I didn't notice any difference then with Prestone.

Kevin. Ya, I notice a difference, but it could very likely be a result of the coolant that I flushed being original to the bike. :confused2:

I have run both engine ice & water wetter and the water wetter seemed to keep my temp a little lower than the engine ice. plus it's a lot cheaper...

I have run both engine ice & water wetter and the water wetter seemed to keep my temp a little lower than the engine ice. plus it's a lot cheaper...
I had 2 options at the bike shop, Engine Ice or coolant for race bikes. The Engine Ice was a bit cheaper and a name I had heard mentioned here, so went with it.

Back