It "REALLY" is a small world

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
so, today i was going for a ride and decided to head up to a car/bike show about 60 miles from home. got there, and was the only non-harley in the show. it wasnt a judged show so i just went to show off my shit and hang out. seems the hot rod guys have quite an appreciation for a quality paintjob. the bike got alot of looks and alot of pics taken, i got asked a ton of questions and met some pretty cool people as well.
i had this one guy walk by and look at the bike over and over again. he finally came over and asked what year it was. i told him and he proceeded to tell me he had the same year bike about 10 years ago. he mentioned his had the cobras on it and he had traded it with only 3000 miles on it for a 4 wheeler. at this point i had to pry a little bit more-as i had bought the bike about 10 years ago, with 3000 miles on it and it had the cobras! i had to ask where he had traded his bike in. his answer almost seemed unbelievable-turns out i now owned his old bike!! he couldnt believe it was the same machine he had traded ten years earlier. i kindly thanked him for trading it in and then had to get back home. what are the odds you'll buy a used bike from a dealership and run into the previous owner 10 years later having never even met before? like i said it really is a small world out there.
planning on attending the killington classic next weekend on fri in VT, then the biker burnout party at Flubberbusters in NY on sat, and considering the japanese bike show thing in mass on sun. looks like some quality riding days in the next week or two. fall will be here soon and then the freezing cold winter.

later odieoh24

Yeah and it probably brought a tear to the original owner too when he walked away but I`ll bet he was proud to know that his old bike was so well taken care of.:worthy:
<<Dave>>:biglaugh:

If he has any sense at all, I'm sure he would! :clapping:

Awesome story, thanks for sharing it.....

I'll bet he was astonished when he saw what could be done with a vmax with some $$, imagination and hard work.....

I sold a totalled 70 model Trans Am and had the other end of that experience and will never forget it when I saw what had been done with the pitiful heap I "got rid of"
The guy was inspired by the "Evil" Firebird from "Corvette Summer" and went from there....

I know it makes you even prouder to own the bike for sure..

did he have any second regretes on selling the bike after all those years?

so, today i was going for a ride and decided to head up to a car/bike show about 60 miles from home. got there, and was the only non-harley in the show. it wasnt a judged show so i just went to show off my shit and hang out. seems the hot rod guys have quite an appreciation for a quality paintjob. the bike got alot of looks and alot of pics taken, i got asked a ton of questions and met some pretty cool people as well.
i had this one guy walk by and look at the bike over and over again. he finally came over and asked what year it was. i told him and he proceeded to tell me he had the same year bike about 10 years ago. he mentioned his had the cobras on it and he had traded it with only 3000 miles on it for a 4 wheeler. at this point i had to pry a little bit more-as i had bought the bike about 10 years ago, with 3000 miles on it and it had the cobras! i had to ask where he had traded his bike in. his answer almost seemed unbelievable-turns out i now owned his old bike!! he couldnt believe it was the same machine he had traded ten years earlier. i kindly thanked him for trading it in and then had to get back home. what are the odds you'll buy a used bike from a dealership and run into the previous owner 10 years later having never even met before? like i said it really is a small world out there.
planning on attending the killington classic next weekend on fri in VT, then the biker burnout party at Flubberbusters in NY on sat, and considering the japanese bike show thing in mass on sun. looks like some quality riding days in the next week or two. fall will be here soon and then the freezing cold winter.

later odieoh24

Does anybody have info on this? Is it Flubberbuster's on Rt. #4 just west of VT, times, etc.?

Thanks,
danny

Latest posts

Back