itchy...scratchy...itchy....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max1139

Reaction score
:punk::punk::punk::punk:
went and looked at a GenII yesterday. '09 w/700 miles

just damn

I mean, that's just one helluva bike......
it sits kinda high for me, so I'd have to see what kind of lowering kit is available, and those mufflers just almost have to go..
and of course the price tag:wacko:
but I just can't get it out of my head. Maybe If I sell everything and live on the bike??? :confused2: No, that won't work.....
Anyway, a four hour drive one way to drool and dream..... who knows,
just had to share
Robert

:biglaugh:

:punk::punk::punk::punk:
went and looked at a GenII yesterday. '09 w/700 miles

just damn

I mean, that's just one helluva bike......
it sits kinda high for me, so I'd have to see what kind of lowering kit is available, and those mufflers just almost have to go..
and of course the price tag:wacko:
but I just can't get it out of my head. Maybe If I sell everything and live on the bike??? :confused2: No, that won't work.....
Anyway, a four hour drive one way to drool and dream..... who knows,
just had to share
Robert

:biglaugh:
If it would work out, go back, otherwise don't go back because if you're like me your gonna buy it! I'm glad my local dealer doesn't can't afford to carry on on the floor or else I would own one.
I saw one 2010 while at the Spring Icebreaker and was quietly drooling, one day I said to myself, one day!:biglaugh:

its only tall cuz the seat is wide IMO.

if you actually got to sit on it... isnt it SO MUCH more comfortable?!?!! i know!!

wait til you get to ride it. blip the throttle in first gear and it snaps you back. sooo crisp. and violent just like the gen 1.

my perspective of it is
vtwins have flat power bands and just... accelerate with no real "thrust"
the gen 1 accelerates and then hits thrust at 5-6k rpm and destroys planets until redline
the gen 2 makes its thrust from 1-6k then flattens out until redline, still accelerating... just not super thrusting like the gen 1 :(

but my bike is modded, so i cant really speak for a stock one.

i just checked my bike, fuel light is on, but not yet blinking on the fuel gauge, its at 54 miles.

oh and the gen 1 and gen 2 are a lot alike in the money-horsepower department.

first extra 10 horsepower on the gen 1 is easy. but every hp after that costs you a grand... lol

the gen 2 you can squeeze out an extra 20 or 25 pretty easy, but then youre crawling 1-2 hp at a time after that. a lot of the guys are blaiming the cams on the gen 2 for being too mild to get crazy horsepower out of.

2fear --- they want $15,999. But it's actually on consignment from a customer that bought it but doesn't ride it as much as he thinks he should. Rides his R-1 instead. Plus he has a kid in college and is needing the money apparently.

Yea, the wide seat is one thing, but when you get on the bike (no, didn't ride it, was offered, but said no..... I don't think I could've sold enough stuff fast enough to buy it:biglaugh:) you seem to be locked in. The seat against your lower back, your knees locked under the air scoops and your feet on the pegs. Locked in!!

I was telling some of my buddies today the best way I could describe the thought is,when you pull up anywhere, you get off (or stay on) the bike and say

I WIN, DON'T EVEN TRY BECAUSE

I WIN!!
:punk:

Cool stuff

yep true that. 20 years from now everyone will remember YOUR bike. heck they prolly wont even remember their OWN rides.. LOL

I Say Just Buy It! You only live once:rocket bike:

sadly thats what i told myself. got laid off next day.

sorry i didnt tell you guys til now, i didnt want you to think i was totally retarded...

i just dont want you to get in the same pickle i did.

I REGRET NOTHING!!!

^^^mattness

that sux, but usually when some crap like that has happened, something better works out for me!!
of course it never has happened overnight for me, but maybe it will for you!!

Keep the faith, man.:punk:

Back