It's possible I've lost my mind a bit, but the Vmax is on Craigslist...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acammer

Reaction score
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/2488498497.html

I'm still not quite sure how I've ended up at this conclusion in my mind, but the VMax might be moving on. It's really a combination of a few things. Work at home starting for me next month will eliminate my 60 mile round trip commute. This where I get in about 90% of my riding annually. I don't typically get out much outside of work. Second, I have a little one (first one) coming into the picture in January. I'm super excited, but I can see this just eating up riding time further, at least over the next several years. Third, the dangers of motorcycling were just re-presented in vivid live detail Saturday as an oncoming Ultra-glide almost ended up under my GrandPrix's front bumper as the rider next to him inadvertently gave him a nice bump. Of course my wife was right next to me, and see the muscle laid out in the riders arm didn't help matters at all.

So, I dunno. I'm not 100% that I'm going to do this, but if I can get what I'm asking, or more importantly, a nice trade for another sports car that I can enjoy with my wife and newborn, I will probably pull the trigger. Losing the majority of my riding time is probably driving this the most, I just don't think I'll get more than a couple hundred miles in a year once this thing is strictly a play-thing, and not my commuter. I definitely don't have the deep pockets to have toys that I don't use in my single income, student loan, mortgage paying, financial reality. So, if I'm not going to use it, it's time to move on.

If any of you guys happen to be interested, let me know and we can talk. The bike really is nice and clear, and needs nothing. It'll need a tire by the time the season in NY is over, but that's it.

You're all welcome to try to talk me out of this - I'd expect nothing less from this forum!

It's all about priorities and I think you have yours in order. Congrats on your upcoming new family addition. I remember my first born 36 years ago and how much my life changed after that. Now that the kids are all grown and gone I'm back into doing crazy shit again.(Hopefully just a little wiser)! lmao!
GL on your sale brother.
Mike

Think about how much it's worth. Then, decide if you had that much money sitting in your bank and no Vmax, if you'd spend that money to buy a Vmax or if you'd save it or spend it on something else. If the answer is anything other than buy a Vmax, sell it.

Yep, good luck with the family. I've had my 4 kids youngest is 17 and buggin me for a bike every week. He has his temps and rides the GZ250 Suzuki. So, us parents understand priorities and you trade the bikes off for kids and then when they get older vice-versa(at least I did). Go-carts and mini-bikes along the way though allowed me to live vicariously through my kids . They had a lot of fun too though.

Best wishes for the baby!

Bud:punk:

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/mcy/2488498497.html

You're all welcome to try to talk me out of this - I'd expect nothing less from this forum!

Well..certainaly sounds like your doing the right thing, family is always first but....... you might give this hard thought. As you mentioned, the bike is clear and free and about anything you trade to...sporty car wise will no doubt need money spent on it...maybe a great deal of money. I'll say this, when a man works hard for his family ( I have mine ), I don't really think it's selfish to have one " my toy " in the garage especially the cost/value of a Max. I've known several guys that had $40,000 bass boats which mostly they used....that may be condidered selfish due to such a large investment...some may disagree. How does the wife feel about it? Either way, I'm certainly not trying to advise you ( just wanted to bring up a point or two ) as you have to do what makes you and the wife feel good. Good luck....Rick

Well..certainaly sounds like your doing the right thing, family is always first but....... you might give this hard thought. As you mentioned, the bike is clear and free and about anything you trade to...sporty car wise will no doubt need money spent on it...maybe a great deal of money. I'll say this, when a man works hard for his family ( I have mine ), I don't really think it's selfish to have one " my toy " in the garage especially the cost/value of a Max. I've known several guys that had $40,000 bass boats which mostly they used....that may be condidered selfish due to such a large investment...some may disagree. How does the wife feel about it? Either way, I'm certainly not trying to advise you ( just wanted to bring up a point or two ) as you have to do what makes you and the wife feel good. Good luck....Rick

Rick - those are excellent points. I don't really have a guilt complex about having a toy, like you said, I work my tail off to provide for my family, and I'm ok with having some person enjoyment come out of my hard earned paycheck. I think more than anything I'm looking at this as that once I wrap up my daily commuting next month, my motorcycle riding is going to drop right off the scale. I suppose that I'll probably look for more options for riding once I don't have the 2-300 miles of commuting every week.

My wife is pretty good to me, she's ok with the bike, even though it makes her appropriately nervous when I'm out there. Lets face it, we all take a risk to some extent when we ride.

I look at a sports car (I've had several) as another way for me to get my speed freak demon exorcised, while also providing my wife with something she can enjoy as well - she's loved all my Camaros as much as I have. They do cost a bit more to insure and maintain, but they do have a bit more utility - I can do all the me plus my spouse driving with it, and have some fun.

I guess I've got to decide if I still want the VMax to be that one toy, or if I want to look for something else that I might play with a bit more. Fortunately I'm in no hurry, I can just sit on it, see if I get some good cash offers, or that perfect trade that gets my blood pumping.

Family always comes first. You can always have a toy after the addition arrives and you find out how much they cost. LOL It will aslo gain you some valuable points with your spouse .

Back