Japan Earthquake parts availability?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
So anyone hear if the Harley-Davidson(tm) factory is suffering from any parts shortages due to the quake?

Mainly, front forks... The bikes are made everywhere, except the USA....What was lastly made here is now Made in ROC....:rofl_200:

I understand if you took all the foreign made parts off a Harley(tm), it would collapse in a heap.

I looked my friends Electra-Glide(tm) Classic(tm) over closely, a few days after he bought it. Found the words "Made In Japan" in at least a dozen places.

I made sure to let him know my VMax only had to say it once!

This is the same guy who had the antenna fall off on the way to Americade one year. He sent me off to get a replacement, as he was working the event. I got the part - neatly packaged in a cardboard tube that said "GENUINE Harley-Davidson(tm) parts. Then in smaller print below were the magic words, "Made in Japan". I still carry that little tube around with me, for when a Harley(tm) rider gets lippy.

Yeah there is not to much american on them. If you work for Harley for a while you will see lots of shit. In 2012 there supposed to go water cooled & Denso has the contract on the radiators. Oh & there new plant will be open in India soon way to go with the bail out money.

I'm not sure...they have zero pressure to improve or modernize, if anything they're pressured by their customer base to not change. Dullards that buy into the harley "lifestyle" want the antiquated, underpowered engine that makes a lot of noise. Hell Harley has even admitted their engines are "tuned for that distinctive Harley-Davidson (TM) sound". If they're tuning for sound they're obviously not tuning for performance....

The Harley not being made in America article was in Time or Readers Digest a while ago.
Did an on line search but came up empty... Flip any HD Accessory package... Made in Taiwan....

Awhile back and I was cruising down the highway and pulled up at a stoplight and a stereotypical biker on his harley stopped beside me.Gave me the once over ,stuck his nose in the air and said...you guessed it :jap crap" .I laughed and replied "taiwanese trash'He gave me a stunned mullet look and the light turned green and he took off with a savage squeal of Shingko tyre and I caught up to him in 1st gear and then left him for dead in 2nd .Poor thing .Soon the only made in america businesses will be copying genuine made in Taiwan Harley products with the famous designed in the good ol'USA BUT MADE IN ASIA sticker.Food for thought.Cheers Kevman.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:Japan and more than 50 other countries...

Back