Jetting issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabchewy

Reaction score
Elevation where I am located is 889ft. Was curious if stock mains would be an option with Dyna-Jet stage one needles and springs and drilled slides. Maybe moving the clip on notch to the rich side. The bike has K&N air filter and Super Trap slip-ons. It was running lean so I tried bumping the jet sizes up on the main but throttle response has suffered and under hard acceleration from between 3 - 4000rpms it bogs a little. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Matthew

Mathew, you are at close to the same elevation as me. I would run Mikuni 150's at the most especially with stage 1 needles. Where were you running rich? Everywhere?

It was running lean before now rich. I will try your suggestions and see what happens.

Are you running stock air box? I had the same setup as you at one point minus the stage 1 needles. My setup was Mikuni 150 mains and shimmed the stock needles. I'm not sure what the best needle position for your needles would be. Once you get the different mains in do the needle tests as outlined in the Carbs section.

Yes, stock air box with K&N. Thanks for the help!

Back