Just not feeling it...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd start by looking at the V-Boost.

Shine a light into that area while hitting the key. You should be able to see the actuator cycling through it's start-up proceedure. If not...........

Did it cycle properly before this?

More info please...

The cable is supposed to have some slack. At least, mine does - from the factory. If it's cycling fine upon first turning on your key, I'd say your servo & controller are AOK. If memory serves me, it seems there's a vacuum component to the equation as well. Guys....help me out here...........but, seems there is a small black box up under the faux tank area, hidden behind the electronics behind the left scoop. It will have a vacuum line running down to the left, front carb. That line should be inspected and in good condition. I believe that vacuum switch controls when V-boost kicks in. (I could be wrong on this)

If you remove the carb covers and use a flashlight, you should be able to see the boost starting to open around 6000rpm with the bike on the stand in neutral. Best way to make sure it's operating as it should - just don't rev for too long.

Latest posts

Back