K & N Filters ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vegetta58

Reaction score
Is it worth installing the 4-k&n filter set-up if the only engine mods are going to be marks 4 into 2 exhaust? Or should I just get the single filter? Thanks:ummm:

Is it worth installing the 4-k&n filter set-up if the only engine mods are going to be marks 4 into 2 exhaust? Or should I just get the single filter? Thanks:ummm:

Just plan on the single filter if your not going to do anything with the carbs. To run the 4 individual filters, you're going to need to buy then install air correctors in your carbs. otherwise the bike wont run right.

You can pick up a jet kit from Sean Morley for a little over $200. It will give you everything you need to get the best performance from your new pipes.

yeah i was atleast planning on shimming the needles. forgot to mention that. so i dont need to buy the four filters.

Shim the needles .038" and back the A/F screws out to 3 1/4 each and see how that works, then do a kit if you want....this way you have a baseline to work from.

Like KJ said, single K & N or even OEM filter is fine.

Back