Kansas Tornadoes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mckzx9

Reaction score
Hey watching the news and there are crazy tornadoes in Kansas , Oklahoma , everyone be safe out there. I believe Sean lives in Kansas. Hope everyone is safe. God bless you all.

House still standing so far. Wifes car is going to be totaled out from hail she got in town visiting someone else. Probably buy it back and just drive it as is (after putting a back window back in it).

Sean

Attachments

• Hail Damage 2003 Saturn.jpg
    Hail Damage 2003 Saturn.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 21
House still standing so far. Wifes car is going to be totaled out from hail she got in town visiting someone else. Probably buy it back and just drive it as is (after putting a back window back in it).

Sean

Good luck!!!!!!!! I know its something you probably dont want to hear but some day I want to go on that tornado chasing deal where you pay money and tag along.. I've always been fasinated with extreme weather

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

Bunch of problems in Texas also. The famous tornado alley starts in southwest Texas and heads northeast most of the time. Usually stops around Ohio but occasionally goes farther. It is usually caused by warm air from the Gulf running into cold air coming down from Canada. There are no mountain ranges in the center of the country and the Canada weather fronts have nothing to slow them down. You can look at a map of the US and see how that works. Also they sometimes meet farther north but almost always head in a northeasterly direction. Granbury TX was just hit and really damaged.

I mentioned before that Texas has the highest Homeowners Insurance cost in the US. Mostly because of hail damage, floods and tornado's, in that order. All caused by those fronts meeting. I have had two vehicles totaled and a two houses needing roofs and windows due to hail. Even beat up my fence and siding on the house. Biggest hail I have actually held in my hand was larger than softballs.

Closest tornado last night I think was about 12-15 miles out.

Sean

Wow...Glad that the house is OK. The tornados in OK were about 90 miles away from me.

Prayers out to all those affected . I always liked those root cellars for putting up veggies , staying cool in the summer , and saving yo butt when the twisties show up . :punk:

Latest posts

Back