Kerker 4-2-1 Jetting?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus06

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Ted and I'm from Spokane Wa. This is my first post and I'm just wondering if I should install the stage one kit that I have with my new Kerker that has a medium comp baffle in it? Will it work well or should I go with something els? I have a 2006 vmax with 2,400 miles on it. Any imput would be appreciated........thanks!

I wouldn't install the stage 1 kit - install either a stage 7 kit or Morley's air box and jet kit - if I was to do it again, I would us Morley's kit - alot of good reviews from other users and he's a forum member.

Click on Morley's icon above or send him a pm - his username is 0ne2dmax

Mike

Thanks for the advise Mike. From what I'm hearing it sounds like the stage 7s can be a bit persnickety and for a guy like me that might not be so good. I think I'll go with Morley's kit.......thanks again!

No problem. Stage 7 is a bit of a bitch to get set up right, where Sean will get it all figured out for you.

Mike

Thanks for the advise Mike. From what I'm hearing it sounds like the stage 7s can be a bit persnickety and for a guy like me that might not be so good. I think I'll go with Morley's kit.......thanks again!

sean's a top notch guy to boot, so he'll help ya if you run into any issues i'm sure

Hello everyone my name is Ted and I'm from Spokane Wa. This is my first post and I'm just wondering if I should install the stage one kit that I have with my new Kerker that has a medium comp baffle in it? Will it work well or should I go with something els? I have a 2006 vmax with 2,400 miles on it. Any imput would be appreciated........thanks!

I can say what worked for me with the same set up.

155 mains, 1 shim under each needle and back the idle mixture screws out about 2.5 to 3 turns. I'm just over sea level. My bike pulls clean to redline @ WOT and runs well in town on hot summer days.

I have an 06 vmax I put a full Hindle with a Kerker k series and 2 inch baffle. I talked to Sean and he told me to put 150 mains in. Runs really strong to redline. Needles shimmed 1 washer. Mixture screws at 3 3/4 turns.

Back