Kickstand turn?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennyR

Reaction score
I haven't tried this yet with my Vmax. Any suggestions or warnings I need to know about? I've done this before with much lighter bikes but nothing this heavy. I really don't want to tip this beast over and have to TRY to pick it up again!

Thanks, Kenny

Do it wrong and you'll be visiting M&M Cycle for $$$ parts! I wouldn't bother trying it unless you're built like a football lineman.

Do it wrong and you'll be visiting M&M Cycle for $$$ parts! I wouldn't bother trying it unless you're built like a football lineman.
I'm 72years old and definitely not very big. This worked well with my SR500 but I didn't think it would be practical with the vmax.

I haven't tried this yet with my Vmax. Any suggestions or warnings I need to know about? I've done this before with much lighter bikes but nothing this heavy. I really don't want to tip this beast over and have to TRY to pick it up again!

Thanks, Kenny
try it on a goldwing first; pass that test and you should be good to go

Just approach any Goldwing owner at a bike rally and ask...I've found them to be a friendly bunch and they may be interested in discussing your plan.
Probably best to find the guys doing stunts with their "wing" . The crash cage gives something to hold on to,and keeps it from going all the way down.

I'm 72years old and definitely not very big. This worked well with my SR500 but I didn't think it would be practical with the vmax.
The SR500 weighed 365 pounds wringing wet.

The Vmax tips the scales at 635 pounds, nearly DOUBLE the weight.

If I were Dwayne Johnson, I MIGHT give it a go, but at 6' 1" 185, I wouldn't even dream about it, let alone actually try it.

Ha…..I didn't even know what a “kickstand turn” was…when I looked it up I’m like “you’ve got to be kidding me” 🤣
I've seen it done with several large adventure bikes and lots of sport bikes. Never seen a HD spun this way, and never a Ducati cause their side stand is bolted to the aluminum engine cases.

Latest posts

Back