Kids and money

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
my youngest daughter just made the cheerleading squad for next year, when she will be in the 7th grade, the cost is $1,500 plus jim nast ics, @ $1700, plus uniform, shoes, camp + $800, i am glad to do it for her, but this is insane, when i played sports in school it was free, they even paid half for basketball shoes, what happens to the kids that have parents that can't afford these things:ummm:

Exactly. IMHO, it's more worthwhile to get a part time job.

be glad yu can afford to support her. a lot of kids get left out of athletic programs cuz there parents cant. sad. and not fair really as we all pay taxes for schools. i really believe the kids should have equal opportunity.

my daughter has a big heart, sometimes she brings a friend home that you can tell that she is living a hard life, i always try to help the kids out by paying for what they want to do with gracie, it breaks my heart and makes me mad at the same time, the kids always thank me, but i have never been told thanks by the parents.

my youngest daughter just made the cheerleading squad for next year, when she will be in the 7th grade, the cost is $1,500 plus jim nast ics, @ $1700, plus uniform, shoes, camp + $800, i am glad to do it for her, but this is insane, when i played sports in school it was free, they even paid half for basketball shoes, what happens to the kids that have parents that can't afford these things:ummm:

Holy crap! :surprise: And I thought kid's hockey was expensive!

try paying for a usbba kid, every weekend to another state, hotel, gas, and entry fee's, but I will drop every dime to keep my kids happy, isn't that what life is about, it is to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dave.

Dave - I feel your pain dude - I know EXACTLY how you feel. My son was in club soccer & my daughter involved in horseback riding lessons. My wife & I spent THOUSANDS over the years if you add it all up. All the carpooling & weekends spent doing their things instead of ours took a toll on us. But looking back, it was worth every penny. Some of the kids MY kids hung out with in middle school are now either in jail, on drugs, pregnant. whatever. My kids are both doing great in college & my daughter acually started her own business that's paying her own way through college. They both have a bright future & a sense of responsibility that seems to be lacking to a lot of people these days. Now that they are grown, I have started hunting again & enjoying the VMAX & the wife & I are spending more quality time together. I say keep doing what you're doing even though it's exhausting & expensive - it's worth every freakin' penny & minute you spend. There are no do-overs - when they're grown, they're grown ! In a few years you'll look back too & be glad for every sacrifice you made. Sheesh, I can't believe I have so much in common with an OS fan...:biglaugh:

Back