Knotched and Braced Swingarms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coruscantkid

Reaction score
Hi all...I am in the process of adapting a 2000 R6 rear wheel to my Max. I think I am going to have to knotch my swingarm to lessen the off set. My question is this: Is bracing a knotched swingarm neccessary or it done for astetics? :ummm:

Thanks in advance....

If your going to run bigger than a 170 and keep the offset to a minimum you'll need to notch. I'm setup with a double notched unit so I'd be safe with a 200mm, 17" tire. The bracing is going to stiffen it up. There is swingarm flex from the torque. It will increase handling too.

Be sure to properly notch the swingarm, there have been others that left the space open and no brace. Needless to say the swingarm broke.

I'm currently running one of Tom's at Cycle One Off work. There are other's like Morley's Muscle and PCW that make them as well.

Attachments

• Swingarm1.jpg
    Swingarm1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Swingarm2.jpg
    Swingarm2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 69
  • P1020398.jpg
    P1020398.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Swingarm3.jpg
    Swingarm3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 69
KJ, thanks for the info and pics. Your set up looks awesome. Have you noticed any off set related problems running the 200? What wheel are you using? Thanks.

Back