Know your mechanic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up to members about having work done on you bike specially carburetors. I see some guys on Facebook and other places offering $ 250 dollar carb rebuilds with junk parts and doing shotty work. I have redone a number of them cheap carb rebuilds! Cheap work is not good and good work is not cheap ! The first picture is from one of them cheap supposedly Vmax experts the other pictures are from good carb rebuilders. It's hideous that people send out work like the first picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230803_184500_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230803_184500_Chrome.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230804_174558_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_174558_Chrome.jpg
    829.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230804_174712_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_174712_Chrome.jpg
    944.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20230804_174645_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_174645_Chrome.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230804_174619_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230804_174619_Chrome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Looks like 'high performance tape' to me ;)
I can see why you might believe that, and that may be so. However, it looks like a spatula was used to carefully shape the goop to provide a fully-enveloping ball of epoxy. Probably the 'spatula' was a large flat-blade screwdriver.

Think I've seen those carbs before.
Just a heads up to members about having work done on you bike specially carburetors. I see some guys on Facebook and other places offering $ 250 dollar carb rebuilds with junk parts and doing shotty work. I have redone a number of them cheap carb rebuilds! Cheap work is not good and good work is not cheap ! The first picture is from one of them cheap supposedly Vmax experts the other pictures are from good carb rebuilders. It's hideous that people send out work like the first picture.
Is this the Facebook ad you were referring too?

Wed 16:38​

Raymond​

Raymond West

Raymond​

Raymond West

I have had my max for few years, don’t know if you remember got some advice from you, after spending almost 900 dollars on shipping and getting carbs done and bike only ran good for a day found a guy in branson mo he looked like a risk to leave my bike with but I went all in gave him rear rotor and pads for front and rear 2 new tires and all the other parts I had, he actually fixed my brake problems by cleaning the fronts and rear calipers he even took rear caliper apart, adjusted my valves new cover gaskets cleaned my choke circuit or something I think when I was choking it I was putting trash in it he said was full of black stuff guess danny missed it, he cleaned my bike I know he rode it almost 100 miles in a month it was there but I must say it’s smooth rideable power now not raspy loping and dead spots at 3k rpm gone he actually adjusted the brake lever and put some slack in it which I didn’t know was possible and brought it back in covered trailer he spent alot of hours on it my tires are even balanced all this from an old 6 door storage unit shop he has 2 bays of it, lives in a trailer next to it he even clocked my brake line properly on master cylinder, some people would say 650 dollars is alot but I’ve been able to ride it 1200 miles already, guess it shows you can’t judge a person by looks,,, he had a vmax scoops wind chime in his little shop and had been a Yamaha tech at one time, he has my little honda ascot flat trac project bike now, thanks for your help as well

Is this the Facebook ad you were referring too?

Wed 16:38​

Raymond​

Raymond West

Raymond​

Raymond West

I have had my max for few years, don’t know if you remember got some advice from you, after spending almost 900 dollars on shipping and getting carbs done and bike only ran good for a day found a guy in branson mo he looked like a risk to leave my bike with but I went all in gave him rear rotor and pads for front and rear 2 new tires and all the other parts I had, he actually fixed my brake problems by cleaning the fronts and rear calipers he even took rear caliper apart, adjusted my valves new cover gaskets cleaned my choke circuit or something I think when I was choking it I was putting trash in it he said was full of black stuff guess danny missed it, he cleaned my bike I know he rode it almost 100 miles in a month it was there but I must say it’s smooth rideable power now not raspy loping and dead spots at 3k rpm gone he actually adjusted the brake lever and put some slack in it which I didn’t know was possible and brought it back in covered trailer he spent alot of hours on it my tires are even balanced all this from an old 6 door storage unit shop he has 2 bays of it, lives in a trailer next to it he even clocked my brake line properly on master cylinder, some people would say 650 dollars is alot but I’ve been able to ride it 1200 miles already, guess it shows you can’t judge a person by looks,,, he had a vmax scoops wind chime in his little shop and had been a Yamaha tech at one time, he has my little honda ascot flat trac project bike now, thanks for your help as well
Need details...who, what, when, where.... stuff like that! Be specific...or peddle your bullshit somewhere else!

Need details...who, what, when, where.... stuff like that! Be specific...or peddle your bullshit somewhere else!
Absolutely no BS---Raymond West
Raymond West

I would have sent them to you but only knew of Danny and Sean and Sean told me I would get a set off rack and kinda wanted mine back, feel bad for the guy in Joplin that his motor may be bad a new bike is expensive but I sure couldn’t rebuild mine and I don’t know what motor cost is

See what you guys do is when someone makes a mistake you get together and crucify them in your group-when it happens to you (and through shipping things can happen to anyone) you just bully them non-stop. Maybe you remember sending out some mis-marked carb screws which resulted in breaking off a piece under the throttle plate holder. When you were told about it your response was "oops".

Typical JH bullshit
So you are trying to call someone out when you erased all the comments on your YouTube videos correcting you on the carb syncing-it was also posted on this site the guy you sold a vmax to from Texas that didn't make it home and you bought it back for $1000 less---you guys need to own up to what you did and stop bullying.

The photo Kyle posted when he started this thread is from your desk in your garage ( the one of the venture carbs with the choke) that you also posted on another thread accusing another member of him doing that.

Absolutely no BS---Raymond West
Raymond West

I would have sent them to you but only knew of Danny and Sean and Sean told me I would get a set off rack and kinda wanted mine back, feel bad for the guy in Joplin that his motor may be bad a new bike is expensive but I sure couldn’t rebuild mine and I don’t know what motor cost is
I did do carbs for a Raymond West and this is how they were running when they left my shop.
There was no black stuff missed in these carburetors! If you sucked stuff in from somewhere else that's on you not me. Why is it you never called me on this and why are saying you paid $900? That is not true!

So you are trying to call someone out when you erased all the comments on your YouTube videos correcting you on the carb syncing-it was also posted on this site the guy you sold a vmax to from Texas that didn't make it home and you bought it back for $1000 less---you guys need to own up to what you did and stop bullying.
You need to quit coming back acting as different people you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about ! You just can't stand it and always think you are right. It is so easy to pick out your BS every time you come back. How about go fuck yourself !!

Last edited:
The photo Kyle posted when he started this thread is from your desk in your garage ( the one of the venture carbs with the choke) that you also posted on another thread accusing another member of him doing that.
So how many names you have ? James Harding, Jon Harris among others you have signed on here with over the years.

I did do carbs for a Raymond West and this is how they were running when they left my shop.
There was no black stuff missed in these carburetors! If you sucked stuff in from somewhere else that's on you not me. Why is it you never called me on this and why are saying you paid $900? That is not true!

Your not asking because I never touched them--he took them to another mechanic-this was straight off of his page....
Raymond West

The wooden front brake feeling is gone not sure how he did it, his name is Danny Tannhill jr he had repair ad on Facebook marketplace with v max pic.

Back