Latest Odessey Battery deal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Www.sepbatteries.com
PC 680 - $95. Plus shipping. Place located in Lakeworth FL. Also have BetteryTenders new Lithium battery but its $254! Ouch.
Check it out.

And some guys here were whining in an earlier post about my Ballistic Li-ion 12-cell's price of $165!

That sounds like a great price for the AGM battery, Patrick. Lake Worth is just up I-95 from me, but I don't need one.

That's a Great price for the PC680.

And some guys here were whining in an earlier post about my Ballistic Li-ion 12-cell's price of $165!

That sounds like a great price for the AGM battery, Patrick. Lake Worth is just up I-95 from me, but I don't need one.
And you're right FM, I would Never pay $165 and definitely NOT $254 for a MC battery.
Also, I wouldn't call what I posted whining, I just stated my opinion regarding needless overspending on New untested tech.
And I also said if you really are looking to shave every last ounce from your Vmax (for Drag Racing), then I can see it's value to you.

I really am interested to see how long your Ballistic lasts.
It may actually prove to be worth every penny, if it lasts 20 years or longer. :rofl_200:
My $42 battery is already 6 years old and I don't see it failing anytime soon. :punk:

"Dman999" wrote: "...Also, I wouldn't call what I posted whining..."

Yes it is expensive, and no, I took some poetic license in the characterization of commenting on the Li-ion price as, 'whining.' I apologize if anyone took-offense at the word. For a battery which works better, I'll gladly pay more if it keeps me from being stranded, even one time. The lightness is just cool, besides functional.

I consider it similar to a reliable 'electric foot' for starting, the introduction of disc brakes on the '69 Honda 750, or electronic ignition instead of points/condenser. I think that in-time, it's going to be the standard for all but the cheapest bikes.

Guys willingly pay $2700 for a set of light, wide, contemporary sized wheels/tires, but I'm not gonna do that because it's approaching the value of my 22 year-old bike. I'll save for a Gen II instead.

"Dman999" wrote: "...Also, I wouldn't call what I posted whining..."

Yes it is expensive, and no, I took some poetic license in the characterization of commenting on the Li-ion price as, 'whining.' I apologize if anyone took-offense at the word. For a battery which works better, I'll gladly pay more if it keeps me from being stranded, even one time. The lightness is just cool, besides functional.

I consider it similar to a reliable 'electric foot' for starting, the introduction of disc brakes on the '69 Honda 750, or electronic ignition instead of points/condenser. I think that in-time, it's going to be the standard for all but the cheapest bikes.

Guys willingly pay $2700 for a set of light, wide, contemporary sized wheels/tires, but I'm not gonna do that because it's approaching the value of my 22 year-old bike. I'll save for a Gen II instead.
I wasn't really offended, I was just giving you are hard time. :biglaugh:

And I really am interested to see how those hold up over the long run.
I'm not convinced that they work better than my cheap AGM though, my battery has already proven it's worth to me and many others.
Those Li-ions haven't been around long enough to prove their long term value yet (Ballistic has only been a company since 2009 from what I can find).
As you said they may well end up being the Next step in batteries, but they still need to prove their long term usability/life-span IMHO.

That battery better hold up, Dennis! Won't be too long till we fire up your Max after crash repairs!!

Back