Leaking clutch slave

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hexec

Reaction score
My clutch slave has been leaking ever since I reassembled my bike last year. I replaced the crush washers this year thinking that it was leaking there. It's still leaking. The leak is very slow so I can get away with topping up my fluid every once and a while. Will a slave rebuild kit fix this type of problem. Or do I need to purchase the entire slave?

50 / 50 Chance that a rebuild will fix it or maybe a little more to the positive side. Unless you buy new, you could end up with the same problem though... Rebuild is worth a try...

should be able to rebuild and fix it. have you checked if its leaking form the bleed nipple? if so try a little Teflon tape around the threads. rebuild is cheap and easy to do, try that before chg the unit, if when you open it up it looks well worn out then id say get another. how many miles on the bike?

Check that the hexagonal extension piece that the hose banjo screws into hasn't loosened.
I found out that was my problem after I had ordered and fitted new seals!

Thanks everyone......I'll order a rebuild kit and go from there.

MaxMidnight, I already replaced the crash washers and tightened everything down and it still leaks. I'm sure a rebuild will help.

Thought I would update this thread. I finally ordered a clutch slave rebuild kit and as soon as I removed the slave I knew immediately that the repair kit will resolve the problem. You guys saved my some $$$ for sure. Awesome site with awesome people. I'm slowly chopping away at all the little problems.

Latest posts

Back