Lighting Options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calimus

Reaction score
Ok, so the stock Max headlight was made so that you can only go about 40mph at night. What options are there for better lighting?

I've dropped a better bulb in the housing (not a 100w bulb, but just a more white-light bulb) which has helped a bit, but it's still too easy to out drive the light. I'm about to wire up a relay system, but I betting it's not going to help much just due to the poor design of the helight housing itself.

I've looked at the offerings from VmaxBitz and while tempting, I'm not forking over $180+ for a headlight and I don't even want to know what the new Cyberstar is going to cost. Though it does look "the shit"!

I've just started looking into other solutions but I'm curious to know if any of you folks have made any modifications in this area and weather you feel it helped and was worth it.

I figure if I can't find a main solution, I might just get some driving lights and rig them up on the bike someway.

The relay kit is a great option, though I can make it myself. Had to make one for one of my cars when I changed it over to european lighting (it's a VW) However, looking at that kit gives me a better idea on cable length and such.

As for the bulbs you mentioned Lew, I'll look into those as well.

Latest posts

Back