Lockup Clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gary. My frame is not stock. I have an alloy one-off frame that makes me pay more attention to details that the stock max doesn't need to, i need to remove the lower right cradle to access the clutch. I will need to bring the footpegs aft due to increase in width on the clutch cover. Either way with the 2D drawing is the same as having the cover and a caliper. Its gonna take big time to import those dimensions to CAD due the complex curves. Its doable though but if i can skip that part even better... I can do the waterjet on that spacer for what i think may be a cheap option even if im not going that way and instead making the spacer on the clearcover (again the lower right cradle). By the way if a spacer for the oil sunp is also required i can take care of that as well eventhough i don't need it for now at least...

img2809rw.jpg

Very cool fighter Fred! Is that a Spondon Frame? If you don't mind can you give the overall height dimension of the MTC lock up. What kind of control do you have for the waterjet cutter. I have some cover files in Mastercam that I may be able to post to your machine.

I can do Mastercam. STP, IGS, SLDPRT, DXF, ProE, etc... Don't worry about the controller, the CAM software will import the file into Gcode... Send me the files and i can take a look...

The frame is a one-off... Regarding the MTC ask Sean... He has mine with him...

What version of Mastercam do you have? PM me with an email address and we'll see if you can open a file. One more question... why do you want install a drag race clutch in your road bike?

What version of Mastercam do you have? PM me with an email address and we'll see if you can open a file. One more question... why do you want install a drag race clutch in your road bike?

You can send me the file to wildweasel_pt(AT)hotmail.com - replace (AT) with @
I want to install it because i like the looks and i have nitrous and i want to use it... LOL. I'll be able to tune it to my specs, either daily use (not so much because i usually ride my other bike for that - its a big risk having this bike running on the road on a daily basis) or drag application by use of different static press shims and rocker arms weights. I had the DD setup but due the fact that im installing a clear cover i want something more pretty and the Barnett alone won't handle the nitrous (this is a 1300cc with carillo, JE and DJ7 with lightened frame). This is a show bike and i want the best of two worlds, the looks and functionality. It will be lit by leds like my other clearcover and its just pretty seeing that Mofo rattling inside... he he...

Fred I sent you a file... (not Vmax) to see if you can open it. Asking about the application because most who use lockups also use an air shifter for clutchless shifts. I know plenty of people who use them on the street with little weigh on the arms. Just something to keep in mind... the more weight you put on the arms the harder it is to disengage at high RPM shifts.

My lockup on the Fazer WILL NOT let you pull the clutch in at higher RPM's. It requires you to use the air shifter (which I am fine with) or let off the throttle so it can unload the clutch.

Sean

Fred I sent you a file... (not Vmax) to see if you can open it. Asking about the application because most who use lockups also use an air shifter for clutchless shifts. I know plenty of people who use them on the street with little weigh on the arms. Just something to keep in mind... the more weight weight you put on the arms the harder it is to disengage at high RPM shifts.

Yes you are right. This one was ordered having that in thought. I have the specs required to tune it for "daily use". Its just a question of fiddling with the weights and shims included for static pressure on the plate. Im also using a very fine clutch master that eases the finger press quite a bit... Probably im gonna use it like once... After i get terrified on the first launch with the lockup and see things getting out of hand with a multi-thousand worth of bike... :rofl_200:

Yes you are right. This one was ordered having that in thought. I have the specs required to tune it for "daily use". Its just a question of fiddling with the weights and shims included for static pressure on the plate. Im also using a very fine clutch master that eases the finger press quite a bit... Probably im gonna use it like once... After i get terrified on the first launch with the lockup and see things getting out of hand with a multi-thousand worth of bike... :rofl_200:

:rockon00: you'll be ok as long as you keep that in mind.

Latest posts

Back