Longer shifter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good replacement longer shifter, the stock is a little short for my sz 14.5 canoe's.

i was looked at a 04 R1 shifter, its about 1inch longer but different curve, might still be able to adjust it to work, but not sure if the post shaft size is the same?

just looked again at a pic, there is no bend in the R1 dont think it will work :bang head: might have to chop up a stock one

Has anyone found a good replacement longer shifter, the stock is a little short for my sz 14.5 canoe's.

i was looked at a 04 R1 shifter, its about 1inch longer but different curve, might still be able to adjust it to work, but not sure if the post shaft size is the same?

just looked again at a pic, there is no bend in the R1 dont think it will work :bang head: might have to chop up a stock one

I don't have one in front of me, but check out the Venture's shift mechanism.... that may have some parts you can swap/chop.

Not sure on the actual lever on the Venture but I know that's what the extra hole in the stator cover is for. The shifter is located mid engine compared to ours. There is a linkage setup that bolts in from behind the cover then the shifter attaches to that extra shaft sticking out front.

thats all on the venture sean your talking about, so would seem like longer shifter but in reality its not

Can't you get a smaller canoe to shift with? Or maybe try using a kayak? :ummm:

(sorry. Couldn't resist - slow day at the office)

The peg is also forward but a variation of this may work. Get a dirtbike or shift lever that clamps directly onto the shaft and then it may give you what you are looking for. I've got a few of the Venture linkage setups I could send you.

Can't you get a smaller canoe to shift with? Or maybe try using a kayak? :ummm:

(sorry. Couldn't resist - slow day at the office)

:rofl_200::rofl_200: canoe more stable..... about the only thing i got that is stable :rofl_200::rofl_200:

The peg is also forward but a variation of this may work. Get a dirtbike or shift lever that clamps directly onto the shaft and then it may give you what you are looking for. I've got a few of the Venture linkage setups I could send you.

ya might take you up on that, be a good mod for the winter time, can you send me a few pics of what you got when ever you got time, no rush im not ready to work on it anyways

Not the actual pic but what I am visualizing. I may be able to get an actual pick since I have the components all here (you'd see it just mounted to the engine and will need to visualize what it looks like in the bike).

Attachments

• Venture Shift Linkage.jpg
    Venture Shift Linkage.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 23
i think i see it, so it set up all behind the cover and new shaft comes out, new shifter, got it.

I'll take a look at the bike and see if i think thats the ticket. no need for a pic then but could you tell me the length of the new shifter

thanks

Back