Looking for a shop to tune my bike (Northern CA)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booty_Hunter

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this, I figured more eyes would see it here. I'm looking for a shop/ mechanic that can install a stage 7 kit and tune it for me on a dyno preferably. Anyone have any suggestions? Someone with experience on Vmax's would be nice.

I live in Sacramento, CA (Citrus Heights specifically) and I'm willing to drive just about any where in Northern CA/ Bay area. I would even take it to Reno or its surrounding areas if it worth it.

Thanks in advance,
Todd

Wish I could help ya Todd,,
The Yahamringa shop up here dosent know a V-max motercycle from a vmax PWC. This forum is great though. There must be step by step instructions on how to install the carb kit and exhaust at the touch of your keyboard.

Good luck----- ya don't need a mechinical reason to come over to Reno.
Lew

Last edited:
I got UFO Dragstar pipes. Installing the pipes is within my mechanical limits, but messing with the carbs makes me too nervous. I'd rather pay someone that knows what they are doing then risk making an expensive mistake. There is a shop close to me that has a pretty good reputation and good reviews, but no dyno. Also, it seems no one has ever heard of a Vmax/ or if they have, never worked on one. I'm considering having the shop do the install for me and tune to the best of their abilities, then get it on a dyno when I find one.

I'm not sure about Cali but around here most Harley dealerships have dyno's in their shop and are pretty good with tuning. The one in my town tuned my buddies Hyosung for him and it wasn't too expensive. They are pretty good with carb tuning because they have those factory backed stage kits for their bikes.

Well I am going to suggest sending your carbs to be kitted by one of the guys on the forum, just tell them your height above sea level, what mods you are going to have, now, and let them get you reasonably drivable.

Sean Morley, a forum sponsor thru Morley's Muscle, should be able to do it, and will offer a fast turn-around, and Dannymax has a carb refurbishment business too. There are others.

I'd say, remove your carbs after making contact w/whoever you choose, send them off, and switch your pipe, and throw that tuned set of carbs on when you get them back. You should be able to ride the thing right out of the box, I'd venture to say, and when you do get to a dyno, your work will cost you much less because you've already done the hard ($$) part.

Back