Louder Horn??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCVmax

Reaction score
I want to get a MUCH louder horn than stock. Any suggestions. Just to get those Prius drivers to move out of the fast lane! lol

Or for a lower budget, a Low Tne Car Horn from an Automotive Parts Store...

Louder Exhaust....:rofl_200:

So will any car horn work? I have Mark's exhaust....so that noise is good. But just need a wake up call for all the wonderful drivers here in So Cal!

A universal Car Horn from an Auto Parts store should be less than $15.00 and will have 2 wire connections just like the whimpy stock horn...:biglaugh:

Install a relay to power the horn.
Makes a difference even with a stock horn, more so with aftermarket ones.
Do a search for stebel horns. I believe the nautilus is the bad ass one. They take up some room though.

I want to get a MUCH louder horn than stock. Any suggestions. Just to get those Prius drivers to move out of the fast lane! lol

Ignore all other suggestions, this is the horn to have:

http://www.bikerhiway.com/stebel-nautilus-compact-motorcycle-air-horn-black-p-869.html

Its compact and runs on air. Its a small price to pay to value your life. I have used it on my last 3 bikes and at 139 decibels you can hear it over any loud pipe. I run supertrapps wide open and it still is loud as heck when riding it hard!!!

Oh and BTW, it will blow any car off the road making them think your a big rig trucker too......

http://www.bikerhiway.com/stebel-nautilus-compact-motorcycle-air-horn-black-p-869.html

Its compact and runs on air. Its a small price to pay to value your life. I have used it on my last 3 bikes and at 139 decibels you can hear it over any loud pipe. I run supertrapps wide open and it still is loud as heck when riding it hard!!!

Oh and BTW, it will blow any car off the road making them think your a big rig trucker too......

This is the one I'm planning to purchase as well. Although not mentioned in the directions, another advantage of the Nautilus is that the compressor can be separated and located remote from the horn, increasing the mounting options, if space is at a premium on the bike.
Cheers, Miles

I've never heard of anyone trying a wolo horn on the Vmax. I see they make a electric" disc" horn that puts out 115 dB. Still a far cry from the stebel but its way more compact since its not an air horn. Less than $20 too. The stebels are awesome but there is not a lot of room on this bike for a clean mount.

I've never heard of anyone trying a wolo horn on the Vmax. I see they make a electric" disc" horn that puts out 115 dB. Still a far cry from the stebel but its way more compact since its not an air horn. Less than $20 too. The stebels are awesome but there is not a lot of room on this bike for a clean mount.

I've been able to mount mine between my front header pipes with a custom mount I fabricated. If you remove the air canister, you have more mounting options and can hide the canister elsewhere too. On my current vmax, its off to the right side around where a crash bar would be mounted. The black version doesnt really stand out.

For a louder horn as suggested before hooking it to a relay, I attached a diagram.

Attachments

• AIRHORNDIA-1.jpg
    AIRHORNDIA-1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 31
Not to trash the stebel nautilus but I had one on my vmax and xs1100. They both died within a year. Not to completely fault the horn though because it could have been the way I had them mounted. You can separate the compressor from the horn and mount the pieces separately but I could not find the room to that on either bike. On the vmax I mounted the whole assembly to the right side of the engine near the case guards and installed the relay where the stock horn was. On the xs1100 I mounted the whole assembly on the engine guards and installed the relay in the stock horn location. I think the few rainy rides I took killed the horns on both bikes. Yes, they are loud but you really have to either split the compressor from the horn or mount the whole thing where it won't get any rain in it. I bought a single fiamm freeway blaster (low tone) for both bikes and it uses the stock leads. Since it is a single horn with no compressor it was much easier to find numerous spots to mount it but it is still too big to mount in the stock location unless you are very creative and want to make your own bracket. The fiamm is loud enough and half the price and I am happy.

I beg to differ on this since I have my current one mounted on my right lower frame. I have ridden several times in the rain, downpours at times, and this horn is in perfect shape. This is my third one and all have been perfect. Not sure why yours didnt hold up, but I know plenty of other riders that have them too without issues well over a year installed.

I believe this is the one I have. I love being heard now!! Luckily I have a fairing to hide it behind. I just strapped it to the left downtube and installed the relay behind the left scoop.

Back