Main jet size

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
Does anybody have a Vmax carb apart ? I'm tying to find the head diameter of the main fuel jet. It's either 6mm or 8mm - I'm thinking it's probably 8.

I'm looking at jets on this website : http://www.pjmotorsports.com/mikuni-jets.html

The paj2 is jet part number N102/221 with the 6mm head.

The jet just above that on the same page is N100.604 - 8mm head. I'm just trying to confirm that's the main fuel jet without pulling my carbs tonight.

One more question - if you saw my dyno sheet in the dyno thread you can see I'm lean across the board. How many sizes would you go up the main jet & how many sizes would you go down on the paj2 to richen up a/f on my bike ? I know it's hit-or-miss - I need to experiment, but is going from a 152.5 to a 160 a good starting point, or is that too much of a change ?

Thanks, Rich

6mm on the jet size will go through the plug hole so you dont have to break the carbs down and pull the bowls to change out the jets ( remove the plug loosen the jet with a screw driver then use a round toothpic to finish unscrewing the jet and remove it ).

N102.221 is the correct Mikuni number. (6 mm).
I would set main jet first and get your a/f mixture from 7500 on up to 13.00-13.25:1. Then, move on to needle, idle, etc. Before setting main jet make sure your float level is at least 17 mm. I go up or down 1 size at a time.

Thanks Guys !!!

Hey - what if I just switch my paj2 & my main jet ? That would richen stuff up a little bit now, wouldn't it ? :rofl_200:

Rich and all the rest of you are just a little over my head but I'm watching this closely. I need to go just a little less than this ends up on my mixture. Good Luck Rich.

Thanks Guys !!!

Hey - what if I just switch my paj2 & my main jet ? That would richen stuff up a little bit now, wouldn't it ? :rofl_200:
Yep sure would. After the first of the year I will have a full assortment of jets. I have a few things in the works right now. I also have a lot of gaskets here to now & starter clutch.

Back