Maintenance question????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eman3849

Reaction score
I don't have an owner's manual for my 2005 Max and I am just wondering how often I need to change the engine oil and what grade to use on this bike. Any help is much appreciated.

Here eman. Click on this link to VMax Outlaw. Click the Vmax Tech & Info down on the left if my link doesn't bring you right to it. They have the owners manual and the service manual for free download.

VMax Outlaw

G Man

On my 05 I use Valvoline Motorcycle oil and I change every riding season, as well as filter, or 4000 miles. 10W40

The rear pumpkin I believe is 16,000 miles and I use the Yama product, but I have 20,000 on mine and have changed the Pumpkin 3 times. Keep an eye on the clutch and brake fluid and when you change them get Speed Bleeders, they are super and I also use the Valvoline brake fluid product for that.

O

Last edited:
The dreaded oil topic! :) Change frequency depends on how you ride. I only change mine once a year....about every 3k miles. I use either honda gn4 10w40 or rotella T 15w40. Both are great oils for the max.

i'm gonna close this thread gents. no offense. he got his answers for the frequency and manual, take a look at the FAQ sticky as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back