Manitoulin Ride Aug 21-23

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
It's getting time to find out who all is thinking about going on the Manitoulin Island ride this year. Jim, Mike and I have plans on going, just wondering if there are any others planning on going?
Manitoulin Island is a great place to ride with lots to see and should be more places open this year now that were going during the tourist season.:biglaugh:
Jim or I will post up the lodging info in the next few days.

I agree with Trevor...if lodging and weather are decent it could be a blast. Looking forward to nice stretches of road and some lively conversation.

Blaine

I'm in for this one, I have been looking forward to the Manitoulin ride since the Ice Breaker ride. I am booked off for Friday so that I can start the weekend a bit early. I would be interested in who is going from my area ( Simcoe ) so that we can ride up together.

I cannot seem to find any informtion on rooms and details of the ride anywhere.

Lets get more informaton so that we can get ready.

Unfortunately I have to be a responsible grown up and pass on the ride this year. Need to pay my bills before I play on Toxic. Will be at the Niagara Falls ride for sure!!

Eh Brian

Yes but where is the gathering to take place? Is this an organized ride weekend? Will this get together be similar to the "Ice Breaker" weekend?
Is everyone staying at the same place or spead out?

I am just trying to get a handle on how organized this weekend will be.

Who ever is arranging this week end might post the details here so we all know what is going on. This weekend is approching quickly and we need to make arrangements for time off work and rooms in Manitoulin.

NOTE: Got my 14" X 2.25" Marks pipes on and WOW! You will hear me coming now.

Later
Bill

This is not a VMOA sanctioned event, just us crazy Vmaxer getting together for some fun. It would be nice if we could all stay in the same location but that may not work out at this late stage. I still have to make reservations so if anyone would like to double up to save cost let me know.
I say we designate a meeting location like last year in downtown Little Current. As far as time for the meeting time, I'll just throw out a meeting time of 1:00PM Saturday. That will give time for those coming across on the ferry to ride north and those of us coming from the north to make southward onto the island. Feel free to add any input so we can work out the final details asap.
Mike and I will coordinate the group coming from the north. Maybe those coming from the south can get together to plan their trip. I have Friday off so I may travel towards Espanola on Friday so I can ride Saturday without breaking the speed limits...too much anyways.:biglaugh:
Those of you traveling across on the ferry will most definatly want a ratcheting tie down(s) to secure bike for the ride to South Baymouth and back. I used the tiedown ropes provided and wasn't sure if Redbone was still going to be upright after a couple of the waves we hit. But the provided ropes worked ok.
Glad you got your exhaust and like it Bill! I'll be looking forward to hearing them on the ride. This time I'll ride behind you so I can get the full effect!:punk:

Well I reaaally fucking hate to say it, buuut I cannot make it to the run year. :bang head:

I have a family obligation that has just come up that I must attend to.

I maybe able to get to meet up on Sunday :confused2:

This has not been my year for ride/events - I have basically missed them all for one fucking reason or another :bang head:

Mike

Well, it seems that they are dropping like flies now.:bang head:
Looks like according to those that are left are just Trevor, Bill and myself. If there is anyone else thinking of going please speak up.
I will reserve my final decision until this Friday and we'll make a plan from there.:confused2:
This is a fun ride and lots of beautiful scenery to see, you'll not be disappointed for sure. The ferry ride is a little hassle but the ride itself is enjoyable/ comfortable.

Ok, this was going to be a surprise, with only Redbone being in on it, if I get good news in the next couple of days I was planning on showing up if I could. I will let you know in the next couple of days for sure.

So Jim, the doctor said that rash & dribble should clear up in time???:rofl_200::rofl_200:You're not sleeping with me!

Well, it seems that they are dropping like flies now.:bang head:
Looks like according to those that are left are just Trevor, Bill and myself. If there is anyone else thinking of going please speak up.
I will reserve my final decision until this Friday and we'll make a plan from there.:confused2:
This is a fun ride and lots of beautiful scenery to see, you'll not be disappointed for sure. The ferry ride is a little hassle but the ride itself is enjoyable/ comfortable.
I have made reservations at Paradise Motel in [FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica]Sheguiandah, just S of Little Current on Hwy 6 and will be arriving on Friday afternoon.
We will be meeting at 1:00pm on Saturday (8/22) in downtown Little Current near the Anchor Inn. If more decide to come we may renegotiate the meeting location based on group decision. PM me if you are a last minute add to this ride and I will give you a basic itinerary in place ATM.
This ride is all about great scenery with plenty of back roads for us to ride on and time for pit stops/ storytelling. We'll locate a place to have dinner so we can recap the days events.Sunday we'll have a breakfast and maybe a short ride.
I will have to head out sometime early Sunday afternoon to make my way back home.
I'm looking forward to seeing and riding with all that can make it!
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Well boys, I'm back in!!!! :eusa_dance:

Made some scheduling changes with the family get together and I will be able to head out of Sudbury Saturday morning.

Can meet up with Brian in Espanola than head to Little Current to meet up with the rest of the group.

Looking forward to a good ride!

Mike

Latest posts

Back