Manual fan switch???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentsee

Reaction score
Hey guys can someone help me out?I would like to know where to buy the manual fan switch.Thanks in advance!!!

haven't done it yet but i'm pretty sure you do the following:

1. goto radio shack get a micro on-off toggle switch with two plugs.
2. get 2 Y adapters.
3 wire up the switch and put the Y adapters on each end of the wires.
4. plug each one of the y's into one of the plugs under the right scoop. where the rad cap is.
5. mount switch. with the switch "ON" it now bypasses the thermostat opening the circuit for the fan (altho probably a relay eh?)

I have one which come with the bike, I honestly don't use it much here even if the weather is always hot. It was put on the plastic neck which is making it not really accessible when riding.
I think the upgrade to automatic one seems to be a more useful mod. Just my opinion :)

I bought one from pythonmotorsports.com. It works great. Around $20.

Elimax

Here is the installation instruction for the Python switch.

Attachments

• Vmax Fan Switch - 1.jpg
    Vmax Fan Switch - 1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Vmax Fan Switch - 2.jpg
    Vmax Fan Switch - 2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 37
Yep, it's a very simple install. 1 off/on switch (unlighted normally), and 2 small sections of wire.

Sean

do you really need a 10 amp switch? does the current go through these wires or is it just a relay for the fan circuit?

Yes, it completes the ground but since I am not an electrician I am not sure if the main draw is actually run through a relay. Anyone out there that can look at the schematic can maybe tell us?

As I see it in the schematic, hot lead comes directly from 10A fuse to the thermo switch and then to fan. I am not seeing a relay.

I don't have a readable copy of the schematic at the moment (vmoa copy online is not very clear). I was pretty confident that the switch was not the powered side and was completing the ground circuit side.

Sean

As I see it in the schematic, hot lead comes directly from 10A fuse to the thermo switch and then to fan. I am not seeing a relay.

Correct, no relay. Fuse, to fan switch to fan.

Back