Micro machines V boost controller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowandfast

Reaction score
Just ordered one yesterday!

How quick do they ship them out?

For those of you that own one, what is your favorite setting for the custom activation rpm?

Jeremy

I have one that I just got within the last week or so.It did take longer than I thought to get it.I,m thinking 10 days to 2 weeks. It comes preset at 2000 rpms.I didn,t like that because it felt like the bike has a hesitation till the vboost comes on at 2000 rpms.Nothing wrong with the bike its just that it takes off smooth and then goes like hell too soon.Didn,t want it open at idle because it makes for a lumpy idle.I cruise at 4000 rpms so I didn,t want it to come on then.I settled with 4500 rpms which keeps it in check until you start wicking it up.

I've got the Tboost installed (3k/6k/off) and I don't use it as much as I thought I would. I like riding around town at around 4k rpm like 58odie- my max rides smooth at lower rpm, but i find it's just getting into the sweet spot around 4000-4500. Having the v boost open at 3k messed with my regular riding just enough so that I mostly just leave it at the stock setting. Unless I'm feeling a little aggressive, that is:punk:

I hadn't heard of this particular controller before I bought the Tboost. I'd love to have my V boost set at 5k or matbe even 4750. I don't hit it often at the stock 6k setting, but at 5k it'd engage just when I hit the gas from cruising speed. I may have to invest in this little goody in the future.

One side note guys, I also sell these lol! Same price though.

Sean

They "retail" for $189 plus shipping. I could probably match the price but include the shipping.

Sean

Sean...I'll take you up on that offer...I'd love to have vboost kick in at 5K!!!!! Funds on the way...

Looks like I am joining the bandwagon! My stock controller after 76K is shot.....does a dance almost all the time! LOL Getting from Sean. Thanks, Sean!

I have one that I just got within the last week or so.It did take longer than I thought to get it.I,m thinking 10 days to 2 weeks. It comes preset at 2000 rpms.I didn,t like that because it felt like the bike has a hesitation till the vboost comes on at 2000 rpms.Nothing wrong with the bike its just that it takes off smooth and then goes like hell too soon.Didn,t want it open at idle because it makes for a lumpy idle.I cruise at 4000 rpms so I didn,t want it to come on then.I settled with 4500 rpms which keeps it in check until you start wicking it up.

What is the install like?

It looks like this version (from the same company) is $50 cheaper and does the same thing (plus it has an On/Off switch and LED Indicator):
http://www.micromachines.ca/activator.htm

The unit in your link is meant to run in conjunction with the oem controller and is cheaper than tbhe other micro machines units which replace the oem controller.

Back