miles per oil change

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
i know most of the answers here will be opinions but im curious how many miles do you put on your bike per oil change? im running a full synthetic (royal purple)and havent decided when i am going to change the oil. im thinking 2500 miles but im not sure yet...

2500 to 3000 will be fine... Just make sure you keep the level up and run a good filter.

Of course if you're racing it or beating on it ALL the time I would cut that in half. RP makes a good oil.

Chris

Every 2500ish during riding season. I usually change it before winter gets here, and definately change that oil out when spring shows back up. It doesn't take any time, and isn't too costly, so I would rather change too much than not enough.

I'm changing my Mobil 1 every 1,000 miles. My rides are generally pretty short, in heavy traffic, and lots of times when it's pretty hot outside. If I look in the sight glass at 1k and see dark oil, out it comes and a fresh filter. If I were to take a trip or spend extended time just cruising...I'd milk it for more miles.

Using good old Yamalube, I change it every month regardless of mileage, but given my riding schedule I'd say it's about every 1k miles.

i change around 1500m...when i park my bike for winter i change the oil then 2.

i plan on usin rotella t5-40......but ive been known 2 change my mind:rofl_200:

Back