Moore Mafia Flash!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woolich told me that isnt available for the vmax
I don't know why it wouldn't be as it's just a wideband O2 sensor and log box and shouldn't be dependent upon the bike unless there's a required harness connection that they just haven't built based upon demand. Another point for the Guru/Autotune combination if that's the case.

I believe the Woolich system has a data logger available that will record and then you use that info to make changes to your ECM based on that info. I believe you can use a PCV and an Auto tuner the same way. The info from the Dyno-Jet Auto tuner doesn't become a permanent change until you download to the PCV and alter your map. I've added the PCV to my bike and will be installing the Auto tuner as soon as time permits. Now that I'm aware of the Woolich system I find it interesting and am a little curious to see what else is available for tuning. Multiple maps for different fuels, didn't see a Launch Control (2 step ) available for the Vmax like there is for other bikes etc,etc...
I've got multiple Woolich maps for my bikes and have started playing around with E85 tunes also and it's a simple case of uploading a map to replace the existing unless the bike supports multiple 'modes' like my ZX-14R with a 'Low' and 'High' power mode, in which case I've got a tune on the 'High' for pump gas and am messing with an E85 tune on the 'Low' side, and same with the Hayabusa with its A, B and C mode and my B-King with A and B modes. Simple as switching maps using the bike's differing mode settings.

The Power Commander will hold two tunes I thought and you can get a switch to let you toggle between them although I can't claim to have looked into it too much.

I'm guessing the VMAX doesn't have the Woolich 'Race Tools' because the demand hasn't been there...I've got them enabled on some of my other bikes and the Launch Control, Pit Lane Limiter and quickshifter options are pretty cool to play with. On bikes with 'ride-by-wire' it opens up some other options including a 'warm up' mode that when enabled actually varies the throttle as you let the bike....well, warm up.

With the V&H FP3 system did you have to set the A/F ratio points then the system adjusts to those as you ride or is it a canned tune ? Auto tuned map came from where ? The AFR points for the Auto tuned map preset ?
Did not have to set anything it built it’s map over the course of a month you could see the progress over time you could tell what data was missing and fill it in by the way you ride

I got a woolich software kit i would be willing to sell. Still has the tuning key. I got tune boy and ftecu now and will never use it.

Did not have to set anything it built it’s map over the course of a month you could see the progress over time you could tell what data was missing and fill it in by the way you ride
OK, the target AFR was already programmed ... Riding the bike created a map from that AFR. Do you know what the target AFR is ? Being that you end up with a can tune just wondering how far they were pushing for power and/or mileage ?

Cant we have both though? LOL
I've been thinking about your question and I believe the answer is Yes! With a hybrid motorcycle it should be possible. DC motor or motors in the wheel(s) for the take off and max torque then Internal Combustion Engine hand-off for top speed. Weight would be an issue though. Thinking you could use the engine to drive a generator to supply power for the DC motor. That does away with a battery pack. How to accomplish dual drives is an issue I've not figured out. Torque from a motor on the font wheel seems a bad idea for a motorcycle. Maybe the DC motor would be all you need, like those RC cars.

Can anyone tell me where to unplug the dxxm o2 sensor plugin is on a gen2 V-Max. Please I'm at witts end. Ugh.

Never mind I found the dang plugin.
Just had Moore Mafia reflash my ECU and the bike runs awesome you can really tell the difference runs crisp and smooth
no codes and starts alot faster than before the reflash is well worth it.

Last edited:
I Sent my ecu to cris Moore and I don't know if I am the unlucky one my ecu is not readable. I don't know what to do.

Should have gone to Tim Nash...maybe give him a call and send to him. He has be working with the Vmax ECU way longer than Chris Moore.

Readable just means you can't see what's currently in the ecu for settings. Normally you can write over it and it doesn't matter. Most tuners lock the ecu( so you can't read it) Guru gear does this. Just to hide others from seeing their work. I don't care or even want to see what others have done being that flashes aren't complicated anyways. What software is he using?

I've flashed over guru and other people's flashes again nothing magic going on in there like some people seem to think. 99% don't understand what little you can actually change in a flash anyways. Now a tune in a standalone forced induction ecu completely different. Any moron can flash a oem natural aspirated engine with good results.

they said to me that they can't connect to my ecu . that happens to them 3 4 times the year. do you think if I send my ecu to guru he is going to fix it? after a small search I did the ecus which 0010. and 0060 at the end are out of their list of updates. mine is the 0010.

What's the actual ecu number?
They all start with 2S3-8591A
My software doesn't have a 0010 or 0060

My software doesn't recognize that? Must be a 2019 or 2020?

No 2009 are -00
Screenshot_20230515_111842_Chrome.jpgthese are the vmax ecus. I can't even find the number you have. There is no -10 even Googling it. I can flash any of these but not the ecu you have no wonder moore mafia can't flash it pretty sure he using the same software I do. Show me a picture of it? The factory race ecu is a odd duck its the -70

Back