More Vmax Engine Knock Videos

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DITTO! mine almost sounds like a growling/ grinding sound until I pull in the clutch, I thought it might be the bearing on the end of the clutch pressure plate, not sure though. I don't want to blow this engine up that is for sure. If I do I will be building a 1428cc I would love to go turbo'd too but not sure if Gary's turbo kit will ever come to light anytime soon. Not busting your balls at all Gary and I truly mean that. I can be the first to say that we never have enough time to get things done unless it is our everyday job and we can focus 100% of our time too it. Days should be longer like 48 hrs and still work the same 8 hr days lol! My oil pressure at idel when warmed up is just a fraction off of the "0" but riding it looks like around 40 PSI I hope that is good? I will ride it until it dies, but I am afraid of being stranded. I know if it dies I will be shipping the whole damn thing to Sean because I have no time to deal with it. Or anyone going towards Kansas from Arizona?

G

Hey how did I get dragged into this? LOL These things take time.

Just checked the valve clearances on the rear head. It looks like some are out of spec. not sure if that would cause the noise I have.

#1 Cyl
Intake
.005 and .005

Exhaust
.010 and .008

#3 Cyl.
Intake
.004 and .005

Exhaust
.009 and .009

Looks like I could adjust the exhaust on 3 valves and one intake.

I checked the cam chain and tensioner, they look fine.

Damien

Hey how did I get dragged into this? LOL These things take time.

I know they do. Just like me getting a bunch of other connectors. I have several styles but not all of the ones I want to have! :bang head: because there is never enough time, Plus I am never home to fab all the stuff I want to. I have a full vmax frame and hollow engine for a jig to build frame braces but I never have enough time to build them. It is all about time LOL

G

I really notice mine growling at lower RPM. Today I noticed that when I let off the throttle it seamed as I could feel the roughness in the engine as the RPM's came down. Kind of wigging me out.

Might be what I call a trailing knock? It starts a diminishing knock as you let off the throttle?
That could be a gudgeon pin.

similar problem its exactly the sound i hear on your vid but with fresh rings less than 20m miles . just rebuilt the carbs and mine is tapping the front left.. mine doesnt diminish reving down except to match rpms.

does pulling in the clutch have any effect on the noise?? i wish i could hear it in person.. :bang head: im pretty good at diagnostics. i use to be anyhoo .sometimes if the carbs are outta sync the clutch will rattle. however yer bike sounds pretty sweet..so idk. just thinkin out loud lol to me that sounds like a chain noise. IMO

did you ever figure this out? mine is still doing it same noise. i m checking the cam bearing clearance thics week to see if thats it. but im hoping you found the problem before i do!

Back