Morley jet kit questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, I am really close to pulling the trigger on one of Sean's kits. Instead of trying to filter through all the previous threads, thought I would start a new one specific to my bike.

I currently have a stage 1 with a Hindle 4-1 installed by po. Does anyone know if the stage 1 has different springs than stock? If so, will they work ok with Sean's kit? Also, will the stage 1 needles work well with the kit? What would be a good place to start with the jet sizes? I am at 750' elevation. With the set up I now have, my tailpipe is completely black on the inside. I am assuming this means it's pretty rich. The plugs look ok though, so I'm a little cofused on this. One thing I have never figured out is what moving the needle in and out does, i.e. is clip closer to the pointy end run richer or leaner?

Lastly, what setup is everyone using for the crankcase breather hose? I want to go with a stainless one, but am needing to know what length and fittings I will need. Thanks in advance everyone.

Hey all, I am really close to pulling the trigger on one of Sean's kits. Instead of trying to filter through all the previous threads, thought I would start a new one specific to my bike.

I currently have a stage 1 with a Hindle 4-1 installed by po. Does anyone know if the stage 1 has different springs than stock?

Springs are different, they are more mellow to allow for quicker slide operation.

If so, will they work ok with Sean's kit? Also, will the stage 1 needles work well with the kit?

They'll work with it. however, stage 7 needles are more aggressive.

What would be a good place to start with the jet sizes? I am at 750' elevation.

No two bikes are the same, in the carb section there is a sticky of what people are running. you can match your elev with others to get a good starting point. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=16981

With the set up I now have, my tailpipe is completely black on the inside. I am assuming this means it's pretty rich. The plugs look ok though, so I'm a little cofused on this. One thing I have never figured out is what moving the needle in and out does, i.e. is clip closer to the pointy end run richer or leaner?

Putting the clip closer to the pointy end raises the needle, therefore it richens the mix.

Lastly, what setup is everyone using for the crankcase breather hose? I want to go with a stainless one, but am needing to know what length and fittings I will need. Thanks in advance everyone.

I'm running the rubber hose that came with the morley kit. I added a braided cover for looks. It was about 2.5' long before I trimmed it up to fit.

morleykit.jpg

Damn, "KJ," do you get any notices on that control panel when the DEFCON level changes? Sure looks like the business end of a War Room console! Nice clean bike, I was really impressed, until I saw that hideous set of chips on your right scoop...:rofl_200:

Nice clean bike, I was really impressed, until I saw that hideous set of chips on your right scoop...:rofl_200:

I hate them too, It got sprayed while in a parking lot. It's been fixed since then. I got off light, there was a new camero close by my bike that got it way worse. I rattle canned my scoops so I wasn't too pissed about it. but the owner of the car was purple, I thought he was going to vapor lock.

Back