Motion Pro questions...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
Hey all quick question for those who use a motion pro. I picked up one that was new still in the package for $40. Should have done my research first I guess tho. The guy had it sitting around for years so its the mercury model.

Right now i only have a 2-port sycnh tool so this would def help out, but for those who have it, does it work well? For those running with the mercury how often do u have to replace fluid, because as far as i can tell they no longer make it.

Is it worth trying to sell on ebay? I doubt i'll get more than the investment back tho..

You don't have to replace the mercury unless it gets sucked into the carbs.

You might want to give this guy a shout if you need refills.

I just bought a new motion pro, mercury carb sync set from a Guy Named Tom Young.

I've talked with him on the phone, and talk about great service. Answered every question I had and offered advise on different sync tools. Turns out he is a Max owner. He has a mint '85 Max with under 300 miles on it. He's selling the Deluxe carb tuners for $115 and Mercury refills for $27.

His number is: 503-320-2475
Email is: [email protected]

I don't know if he would offer a member discount, cause honestly I forgot to bring it up, but he was great to deal and talk with.

cool thanks. so ur using the mercury motion pro? how do u like it?

I love it, I was using the vacuum gauges before. I ended up giving them away to a friend who races snowmachines.

Just don't lay it down, or you'll loose the murcury. I made a hanger for it. using a old photo tripod that has missing parts for when I use it, and a spot on my wall for storage.

Here is a pic, when I was getting ready to sync a freind's max, when he was getting a new rear tire put on.

Attachments

• P1020885.jpg
    P1020885.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 7
cool. thanks for the info KJ. looks like i'll be keeping it. if the mercury doesn't ever get sucked thru the carbs and doesn't spill out, any reason to replace it? I might call the guy and get a replacement while i still can.

cool. thanks for the info KJ. looks like i'll be keeping it. if the mercury doesn't ever get sucked thru the carbs and doesn't spill out, any reason to replace it? I might call the guy and get a replacement while i still can.

As long as it doesn't go anywhere, there is no reason to replace it. From chem class its one of the heavy metals that can't be destroyed or degraded. So to me that means a pretty good shelf life :biglaugh:. The big issue with it is its health and enviromental damaging effects. The three biggest out there in the heavy metals, are Lead, Cadmiun, and Murcury.

wait wait wait. so i can't use this as a replacement sports drink?

wait wait wait. so i can't use this as a replacement sports drink?

Sure ya can, but I wouldn't recomend it, cause it will add some weight and we all know that more lbs, the lesser the ET. :rofl_200:
And if what they teach us in late 70's horror movies, Murcury gives you a skin condition.

Attachments

• Prophecy.jpg
    Prophecy.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 8
Back