Mpg

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bokaeser

Reaction score
I'm running 147.5's with slip on exhaust and drop in K&N filter....my fuel light came on at 103 today with pretty even mix of highway and city...what do you think? Can I do better?

:punk:Sounds good to me. I don't think I've ever gone that far but I usually have the Vboost open. Merry Christmas, Spur

I'm always surprised when I see how low some guys get for gas mileage. I've been getting from 140-145 miles consistently with my bike. 2001 Vmax.

I have the stock exhaust on. 18" radials. Running 145 mains at 5200' altitude in Colorado. 42.5 idle fuel jet. 95 PAJ1, and 170 PAJ2. An opening at the top/rear of the airbox and the Y is still on. Oh, the needle is in the stock position.

Why are some guys so low? I hammer the bike on frequent occasion during each ride, so it's not like I'm always baby-ing the thing. One time I did baby it for a long ride. I got to 150 miles before the fuel light came on.

So on average, I'm getting 45-46 miles to the gallon.

No fairing either.

I've ridden my bike with my GPS onboard and the speedo is almost dead on with my tire/wheel combo.

I also check when the fuel light comes on to see how much gas it takes. Usually takes about 3 gallons, so it's not like the light is coming on late.

Vinnie

+1

I'm running 150 mains, Shimmed "Y", Drop in K&N, needles shimmed once. and a Carbon Kerker 4-2-1 with the can cut down to 10"

I'm averaging about 39-40 intown/highway I've been good in the 40's on the highway and low 30's in town with WTS (wrist-Twist syndrome). I'm seeing the light in the uppers 90's to about 102.

my 97 is jetted stage 7. i get about 40 on the highway and about 33-35 in town. i would probably get a little more, but i let the bike run at startup for at least 10 min. i seriously thought something was wrong last year when i first installed the stage 7 carbs-i went 100 miles and the low fuel light DIDNT come on!

later odieoh24

yea i get between 33-40. usually right around 33-35 on a daily basis (morley and vboost always on) but i know i'm running rich. that will change next year. i get well over 40 if i'm behaving and crusing say around 55-65 (like on the pizza run) but when i'm commuting to work i'm going probably 85-90mph

My light always used to come on every time the trip got to 110, now it goes to about 135 since I put on the Venture rear.

1 get about 100 to 105. whats the normal. i have a jet kit and kerker 4-1. how much gas is usually left after light? like a gallon or less?

My '86 gets 105 miles to the red light constantly. That's riding 'normally' - some street, some highway, some vboost. Depending on how you ride, it can vary a lot.

Riding like you stole it - I've seen only 75-80 miles to reserve light.

Granny-riding (no boost) and never over 65mph, I've seen 117 miles.

When the red light comes on, you have 0.8 gal of gas left in your tank, and if you filled it to the brim, you've burnt 3.2 gal.

Latest posts

Back