Muffler Brand question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleman

Reaction score
Hi I just purchased a 2000 VMAX, my first VMAX and I love it; powerful, fairly comfortable, looks awesome and has a killer sound. It has an aftermarket exhaust on it but I cannot tell what the manufacturer it is, I thought I could post a pic and someone might recognize it. It is incredibly loud, appears to be almost a straight pipe. It has aluminum headers that are 4 into 2 into 1. It is approx 6.5 inches in diameter where the muffler connects to the pipe.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• vmax exhaust.jpg
    vmax exhaust.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 58
UFO drag star, that thing must be insanely loud. Vmax-Mike has the 4-2 version and it is super loud, I'm sure your neighbors will love you :rofl_200: Welcome to the forum, there is a lot of good info here.

Thanks to both for helping me out. Yes it is very loud, it actually hurts ears drums when brinigng the RPMs up at idle but I love it, I ride with a helmet so that helps protect my hearing during rides. No complaints from the neighbors yet but that will probably come, especially when heading to work in the morning.

To me the bike is like a dragster because of the sound it makes (almost like the same popping sound) and just a little bit of throttle and my arms are coming out of their socket.

This forum is awesome, I started following it as soon as I got the bike, great information and great folks.

Thanks again,
Chuck

Latest posts

Back