MUther FuXr's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I recently purchased for a 2nd time online Photoshop CS5 roughly a $700 program. Thank GOD I purchased both of them on Ebay! The first round the seller was communicating very well and refunded me the entire amount lightening fast after I screamed "FAKE" it would load yet the serial number was invalid and you could totally see that someone tried to make their own packaging etc. Now the second round stated shipped from Texas. The item didn't even show shipped and I had constantly asked for a shipping number yet they never answered. I opened a case with Ebay stating the item was never recieved etc etc. Well all of a sudden today I get a package that I need to sign for from China, I am thinking WTF is this? At the same time thinking damn this is too small to be the custom key board I had ordered and still thinking them mother fuckers ( sorry at my wits end these days... plus anything goes right?) Them bastards from the UK are doing a drop ship from China. Anyways I open up the package and it was the CS5 program.... wait that aution said it was shipping from Texas... MMMM? So I go in the house and proceed to open it up. The packaging looks to be real to the nats ass. I am thinking "Finally! a good program" So I load it up and it goes through the steps and I set up an account with Adobe online enter the serial # and BAM! it is green letting me know the serial is a go. I am so freaking excited since I have been waiting about a month from the first time I ordered the original one and my trial version had gone to the dirt and expired. So it gets done doing it's thing and then another screen pops up BAM! " your serial is invalid " I am so pissed off since this program or basically any high dollar program from Adobe is like or seams to be the most counterfit program there is. I then go to Adobe's website do a little web chat with a technition answering all of their questions. He asks for the serial number two different times through the conversation. I am guessing to make sure that I have not given it to him incorrectly. Then He replys " That serial # doesn't exist in our system and is not valid" I am thinking "FUCK ME , AGAIN?........" Them Mother Fuckers! screeming inside my mind. I contact Ebay by phone go through the paces and find out that now I have to wait another 10 days before I will see my money back. I have to wait 7 days for the seller to respond which is a waste since the bastards would not even give me tracking number. I wish I could just kick these assholes right in the nuts!

G

I'd never buy any high-dollar software though ebay. You might as well buy a copy off a dirty towel manned by a hobo in NYC.

Ebay should get you your money back, but I think it's time to suck it up and buy a genuine, sealed box copy.

Recent Adobe software is very difficult to counterfeit successfully. Many programs, the key is just a "password" that follows a complex form, and the program accepts any key in the right form. More recent/expensive programs connect to the internet to validate the key, so that each key can only be used one time, then the company's server unlocks the program. Thus the program may initially accept the key (it's in the right form), but when it connects to validate it gets rejected because it was never recorded in Adobe's servers (as all legitimate keys are). It was just made up by some guy in China.

You might also check how much it is to buy a license. Some software that limits itself to say, 5 computers, offers you the ability to buy an additional license, at a substantial discount over the original price. Torrent the software, then buy the legimitate key to unlock it.

Sometimes companies offer educational versions of the software at steep discounts, or free. Though usually free versions require some sort of authorization through a professor, or a "class code" to access. You can download Autodesk AutoCAD, fully functional and unlimited with a 1 year license if you select the student version, completely free. The only difference is it adds "educational version" to the edge of all drawings created with it.

MATLAB, a program that normally costs hundreds for a single non-commercial license, can be bought at university bookstores for about $40. Fully legitimate, fully functional, and no time limit. Just adds "EDU" to the start of any code you write with it.

I'd never buy any high-dollar software though ebay. You might as well buy a copy off a dirty towel manned by a hobo in NYC.

Ebay should get you your money back, but I think it's time to suck it up and buy a genuine, sealed box copy.

Recent Adobe software is very difficult to counterfeit successfully. Many programs, the key is just a "password" that follows a complex form, and the program accepts any key in the right form. More recent/expensive programs connect to the internet to validate the key, so that each key can only be used one time, then the company's server unlocks the program. Thus the program may initially accept the key (it's in the right form), but when it connects to validate it gets rejected because it was never recorded in Adobe's servers (as all legitimate keys are). It was just made up by some guy in China.

You might also check how much it is to buy a license. Some software that limits itself to say, 5 computers, offers you the ability to buy an additional license, at a substantial discount over the original price. Torrent the software, then buy the legimitate key to unlock it.

Sometimes companies offer educational versions of the software at steep discounts, or free. Though usually free versions require some sort of authorization through a professor, or a "class code" to access. You can download Autodesk AutoCAD, fully functional and unlimited with a 1 year license if you select the student version, completely free. The only difference is it adds "educational version" to the edge of all drawings created with it.

Warrior,

this was in a sealed package and had seen what they look like at "Worst Buy" I have seen fakes before but holy crap this was incredible for a counterfeit. I would give them an A+ for effort :clapping:

G

They're definitely getting good at the counterfeiting. When you get your money back, you can get the software here for $460

A good friend of mine honeymooned in the orient and was laughing his ass off at the sidewalk markets selling the fake DVD's. A lot of them looked legit, but had actors listed that weren't in the movie. They had Brad Pitt starring in "The Mummy" and a few other big name talent showing up in other features.

Your not alone in getting scammed by a counterfeiter. A few years ago I bought a movie "Chiefs" off of eBay, it showed up in a timely manner and looking at the box all was good. But after opening up the box, the DVD didn't look too square. It looked like it was printed with a cheap sickscreen. Needless to say it didn't play on any of my DVD players, except the computer. I ended up copying it to another DVD and changing the region. The original said it was good to go in the states, but that wasn't the case. It pissed me off cause I really wanted to watch the movie and not have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get there.

I do a lot of business with people in the Asian countries and the U.K. and only been got a couple of times. The verdict is still out on the China faux Koso speedo, I'll make up my mind on that one, when I get to wiring the bike in a couple of weeks.

They're definitely getting good at the counterfeiting. When you get your money back, you can get the software here for $460

A good friend of mine honeymooned in the orient and was laughing his ass off at the sidewalk markets selling the fake DVD's. A lot of them looked legit, but had actors listed that weren't in the movie. They had Brad Pitt starring in "The Mummy" and a few other big name talent showing up in other features.

Your not alone in getting scammed by a counterfeiter. A few years ago I bought a movie "Chiefs" off of eBay, it showed up in a timely manner and looking at the box all was good. But after opening up the box, the DVD didn't look too square. It looked like it was printed with a cheap sickscreen. Needless to say it didn't play on any of my DVD players, except the computer. I ended up copying it to another DVD and changing the region. The original said it was good to go in the states, but that wasn't the case. It pissed me off cause I really wanted to watch the movie and not have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get there.

I do a lot of business with people in the Asian countries and the U.K. and only been got a couple of times. The verdict is still out on the China faux Koso speedo, I'll make up my mind on that one, when I get to wiring the bike in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your input and I will look into that site. If you need any connectors for your wiring job let me know.... PS I still think she is a babe on your avatar.

G

I bought Windows Ultimate from a seller on ebay australia ,loaded into my new computer and had a fully functioning computer with windows with regular updates from Microsoft for about 3 months and then....I got a notification saying that I had a fake.The box and all the security 3D thingies looked authentic just made in China.Eventually Microsoft did a deal and I sent them all the Ultimate stuff and they sent me a replacement copy.Strangely the chinese copy seemed to work better. So for a fake it was most convincing though the guy who installed it said he doubted it was authentic for the amount of money I paid for it.Kevman.

I would rather go for opensource free alternatives than buying from ebay. I always get them from local partners or from the source. Dealing with fakes is just an hassle and ends up costing you money.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back