My '09

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarlM

Reaction score
Picked up a pre-owned '09 today. 950 miles, windshield, backrest (if that's what you want to call it), tail pack, luggage rack and cover. I got one heck of a deal.

Very happy with the performance and handling. I had a gen. 1 a few years ago and that was a great bike, but this bike is incredible. I can't wait to do some serious riding.

Picked up a pre-owned '09 today. 950 miles, windshield, backrest (if that's what you want to call it), tail pack, luggage rack and cover. I got one heck of a deal.

Very happy with the performance and handling. I had a gen. 1 a few years ago and that was a great bike, but this bike is incredible. I can't wait to do some serious riding.
Welcome to the forum CarlM! Tell us more about your new '09, snap some pics, even post up some pic's of your gen1, we like 'em all! Keep us informed of your ride impressions, likes/ dislikes and any mods you plan for the future.

Best I could do for now. Better pics to come.

Attachments

• 100_1524.JPG
    100_1524.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1522.JPG
    100_1522.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_1523.JPG
    100_1523.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 64
Some pics of my '96 custom. Nearly the saddest day of my life when I sold it. Pales only to the day the guy I sold it to wrecked it. He was o.k. but the bike, well....

Attachments

• Vmax2.JPG
    Vmax2.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Vmax4.JPG
    Vmax4.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 52
Some pics of my '96 custom. Nearly the saddest day of my life when I sold it. Pales only to the day the guy I sold it to wrecked it. He was o.k. but the bike, well....
Aww man, that sux when you sell something and then find out that they either thrashed it or wrecked it. :bang head:

what type of exhaust was that? is that 18" cans?

Nice looking Carl! Good looking stable you have there! :thumbs up:

The wife and I both ride so...

The Magna and the Ducati 999 are both for sale. I had wanted to sell them before buying another bike but the deal on the Vmax was too sweet to pass up.

Congrats on the 09,you WILL not be disappointed.I have a set oy yamaha aftermarket pivot swing arm covers powder coated black if you are interested,didnt even ride with them on i bought the rear sets and they come with new ones to use with the rear sets.Pm me if you are interested.:clapping:

Can I ask, what kind of deal did you get? First used one I have seen for sale.

ride safe

Can I ask, what kind of deal did you get? First used one I have seen for sale.

I saw a used one at a dealer here in Dallas over the weekend. 288 miles on the odo, and the guy said he'd take $15,800 for it. I wish one of you would buy the damn thing and get it off the market. :eat brains:

The Yamaha dealer in Panama City, FL still has 2 on the showroom floor
850-769-3423. One the bought for themselves and the other for a customer that backed out. I know they will take $16,000 for the customer ordered one.

Back