My 89 is being a RPITA Again, Charging System This Time

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13.01 volts, 14 hours after an extended run...:biglaugh: Little Hi ????:confused2:

Thanks for the push in the right direction. I normally take on one problem at a time, it's just that for every one I fix with this bike... 2 more crop up...:sad2: It seems Endless....:bang head:

Is your multimeter digital or analog? Have you checked it against a known accurate one?
One suggestion, if I may -
Get yourself a voltage gauge, and hook it up temporarily to your bike, so that battery condition can be monitored continuously while you ride. Wire it up directly off the battery posts, to insure accurate measurments. Make up a quickie bracket for it that can be bolted or duct-taped to your handlebars.
Unless you decide to install a permenant unit, the gauge doesn't have to be high quality - inexpensive ones are available at Walmart, for example.
Just confirm that the gauge more or less reflects your meter (now confirmed accurate)readings, at idle and higher rpms. Then take your bike out for a run (the fun part!)
Cheers, Miles

I have a voltage condition meter that I was thinking of doing that with. It has LED's that light at 0.5 volt increments and would look cool mounted somewhere... The voltmeters I have are digital and I use them to verify each other... 2 are auto ranging and one is manual. If 2 read the same, I call it a good reading..:biglaugh:

Thanks for your continued concern and assistance...

Back