My New Car

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorgBiker

Reaction score
There are times when I don't ride the Max. Cold isn't much of a problem in SoCal and rain is fairly rare, but they do happen, as do the days where I just don't quite feel sharp enough to dance with cages. I've been driving either our Sebring Convertible or PT Cruiser, but now I have a more worthy choice:

Meet the "Gray Ghost" - My 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8.
LeftSide.jpg

RightSide.jpg

Left Front View.jpg

Rear.jpg

SRT8 Badge.jpg

Our300CSRT8-1.jpg

Much like the Max, I've been wanting one since I first saw one - for the SRT it goes back to 2005. As usual, I waited and found a clean example - with 88,000 miles, it is still like brand new. Got a great value on it, almost 4 grand below KBB!

Being an SRT8 it's got the 6.1 liter V8 making 425 HP/420lb/ft. Magazines have shown 0-60 in the 4.5 to 5.1 second range, 1/4 mile from 12.9 to 13.3 seconds.

Although I can't vouch for drag strip times, I can say that on my drive home from the dealer I floored it at about 60. But the steering wheel was obscuring the top of the speedometer, so I didn't quite realize I had hit somewhere around 120mph. I hit the brakes hard (Brembos) and got back to quasi-legal speeds. Just then I saw a CHP car behind me. I knew I'd been busted!

He had zipped up behind me when I was slowing back down, and I was prepared for the worst. After about a minute (still no lights), he pulled up beside me on the right, made a motion with his hand that I took to mean "slow down" or "cool it", gave me a thumbs up, then eased his way ahead. I think it was the dealer sticker on the windows that saved me.

So just as I respect the Max, now I have a car that I can't simple floor anytime I feel like it. And just like the Max, I get a huge stupid grin every time!

The wife loves it too - she did some drag strip racing when she was a teen, and had Camaros and Firebirds back in the day. Today when she asked me if the Max was as fast as the 300, I had to smile. "No," I said, "it's faster." She had a mouth drop moment, then said "So now I think I know why you like it so much."

No, but now she has a clue:Wink2:

Back