My New Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlaYel

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've only been a member of this forum for a short time cause I just bought my first bike. Wish I had taken pics back in march when I bought it so you could see the transformation (it was all stock) but as soon as I got it home I started stripping it apart and before I knew it, there was nothing left to take pics of. The previous owner should be shot because he left the bike sitting outside for who knows how many years so I don't have to tell you guys what it looked liked. Anyway, here are some pics of the finished project (are they really ever finished...:ummm:) Most of the mods were just cosmetic for now whereas I'm still a newbie. The only performance mod so far is a stage 1 jet kit and the pipes. Hope you guys like and I'm open to your comments, suggestions and critisizms...

Attachments

• 2011-05-22_19-17-15_314.jpg
    2011-05-22_19-17-15_314.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 2011-05-22_19-17-50_576.jpg
    2011-05-22_19-17-50_576.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 2011-05-22_19-18-28_588.jpg
    2011-05-22_19-18-28_588.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 2011-05-22_19-19-00_162.jpg
    2011-05-22_19-19-00_162.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 130
Nice, looks like its in mint condition now. Where did you get those pipes ? Did you have to remove the main stand ?

congrats, nice bike man......

@alorio, the stand is gone but you dont cut the tabs like a kerker so when you need it takes two sec to put the bolts back in and still can use the center stand.

The Cobra's are the absolutely worst power producing pipes you can get. You'll be down about 15hp from stock and 20-30 compared to a good header. Also, you're stage seven is going to kill even more power and make you too rich. Put in 147.5 or 145 mains until you get rid of them.

Sean

The Cobra's are the absolutely worst power producing pipes you can get. You'll be down about 15hp from stock and 20-30 compared to a good header. Also, you're stage seven is going to kill even more power and make you too rich. Put in 147.5 or 145 mains until you get rid of them.

Sean

I appreciate your imput but I wasn't going for more hp, the bike is plenty fast enough for me as it is. (first bike remember) I was more interested in obtaining a rather unique sound and it was only a stage one jet kit not a seven. Who knows, I may have the whole setup wrong but it certainly sounds nice to me....:confused2:

:punk: BlaYel, Don't worry, you're doing fine. Good job so far! Keep up the good work. It takes a while to get everything just the way you want it. Good Luck, Spurs

It looks good but you need to get by one that has a 4-2 or 4-2-1 full header. Makes the Cobra's sound like a Harley missing on one cylinder. We've tried pretty much them all. Trust me, when you ride a stock one and it's considerably faster you'll want the HP back you lost.

Sean

welcome to the fourm. really digging the yellow. mine sat around for a few years also till it was drug to a shop and bandaided for sale. sean has helped me resurect this beast (which ive decided to name mayhem) with his parts and support he really knows his stuff. take it easy on that thing when i got mine i was a little aggressive on the braking and downshifting and liked to drag the rear tire around a bit. really gets the blood pumping

Latest posts

Back