My Wife?s new ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjsonar

Reaction score
I bought this for her and parked it in the garage. Didn't even tell her she was getting it. I wanted to see how long it would take her to figure out that there was another bike in the garage and that it was hers. It only took 4 trips to the garage for it to dawn on her. It kinda went like this "wait what is wrong with the faring on Mikes V-Max? wait just a minute Mike took his bike to work today Hum" walked up for a closer look "Oh sweeet" looked to see that the keys were in the ignition "I'm takin my new bike out for a spin"

What do you guys think did I do good?

Mike W.

Attachments

• DSC_0282 sp.jpg
    DSC_0282 sp.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0283 sp.jpg
    DSC_0283 sp.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0285 sp.jpg
    DSC_0285 sp.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 65
does anyone know where I can get aftermarket stuff for this bike? The Wife wants a Sissy Bar, saddle bags that come off easy, maybe a different seat, you know stuff like that.

I know someone on this forum has a fazer and stretched it out a bit maybe he knows a good source.

Thanks

Mike W.

Great job!! :punk::clapping:

Sean, and Shawn both run fazers along with a few others here, and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

We can mod the seat but you'll be looking long and hard to find any custom stuff or aftermarket stuff for this bike. We can even help you convert it over to radials for pretty cheap (in relation to the price of converting your Vmax).

Even overseas where they are more of a cult bike (and made well into the 90's) there still isn't a lof of stuff to buy.

Sean

yu lucky shit!! yure wife 2!! i have allways admired the 700 fazer:punk:

sweet looking machine!! gotta luv that motor....5 valve head and downdraft crabs.......oooo myyyyyyy:worthy:. mini v-max:biglaugh:

Yep, when she is ready we can help you upgrade the engine to an FZR1000 pretty easily. It will kick you vmax's butt though. I've attached a picture of one we are always making changes to.

Sean

Attachments

• Fazer Solo Seat.jpg
    Fazer Solo Seat.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 75
sweet fazer! i'd love to pick one up. what yr is it?

That is a very very very nice looking Fazer. Looks like it is in great condition. I have a guy at work who has one, with an extra motor. I offer once a month to take it off his hands..I have always liked this bike.

Congrats

Thanks for the compliments and the info on modding it.

The wife wanted a pretty light bike. She said maybe a honda 250 rebel. :Curved: I kept telling her that she wouldn't be happy with one of them. Found this on craigs list. Bought it, and now I am a genius and a hero. She loves it and so do I it is a stinkin cool bike

It is an 86 with 20,000 miles. was from a older man that bought it new and wiped it down after ever ride and was anel about the up keep as you can see.

and as for finding after market stuff you are right there just aint much out there.

and Sean, as for the fzr 1000 engine I think my wife would beat me if I did that. She is extremely happy with it just as it is.

And for the record, I was surprised how much power the bike has.:punk:

Mike W.

I ran 12.40's with my first Fazer that was completely stock. With the Kerker and stage 3 jet kit (individual filters) the bikes are very strong.

Sean

I think I need to have the carbs worked on cause it won't start up and idle cold I have to keep giving it gas to keep it running. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the choke or not. but once it is warmed up it idles just fine.

Mike W.

Replace the plugs and see how it does. We've had that occur a few times. It still may not hurt to run some seafoam or BG 44K through it.
Sean

Replace the plugs and see how it does. We've had that occur a few times. It still may not hurt to run some seafoam or BG 44K through it.
Sean

Ok I will do the spark plugs and see how it likes that. Then I will see if I can figure out the seafoam thing. do you just add it to the tank and run it or what?

Thanks again for all the advice.

Mike W.

Ok I will do the spark plugs and see how it likes that. Then I will see if I can figure out the seafoam thing. do you just add it to the tank and run it or what?

Thanks again for all the advice.

Mike W.

yupp.. most guys use a bottle thru 3 tanks...

That Fazer is prime. Man I remember riding one back in the late 80's, and what I remember is that thing had INSTANT throttle response. I mean it was cool man!

Nice find!

Back