Neutral Light Stuck On

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofast68

Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal. My neutral light is on, no matter what gear I'm in. The bike will start and run in any gear and the only way I can make the light go off is to put it in gear and put the kickstand down.

I've checked the neutral safety switch and it's good. The kickstand switch seems to be working properly as it won't allow me to start the bike when it's down and in gear. This would also suggest the neutral safety switch is good too. As background to this, it just started happening. I don't recall doing anything specific that caused this.

If this was a Mustang, I'd have a better idea of where to go next. Any idea's?

P.S. The obvious solution of simply pulling the bulb will be my last resort solution. :biglaugh:

Last resort , checking the bulb would be that 1st thing .
Take faux tank off , take the bolts out holding the instument panel on .
Take the cover off and replace the bulb . :punk:

Normally, replacing the bulb would be a good idea, but I'm 100% positive the bulb works. It's stuck on all the time. :)

I'm convinced it's a grounding issue somewhere. Since I've never really dug into the wiring harness in depth, I'd assume there's some obvious points that maybe a ground would be more likely?

Check the harness. Unplug the connector under the side panel and see if the light goes out. If not then it's in the main harness. If it does go out then it's in wire or sending unit.

Sean

Check the harness. Unplug the connector under the side panel and see if the light goes out. If not then it's in the main harness. If it does go out then it's in wire or sending unit.

Sean

I was afraid you were gonna say that. I've unhooked the neutral safety switch and it's still on. I unplugged it from the harness under the left side panel. Still on. So it's safe to assume at this point, it's in the harness somewhere? With the light being on all the time, I assume it's grounding somewhere.

Back