New Chinese Masters....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you read the threads in entirety I posted, you will find info on masters from other bikes which do work w/the calipers we have, or ones commonly-mounted in-place of the stockers, such-as the FZR1000 six-piston ones, or the early R1 calipers (not radial mount calipers from the later-model R1's. Unfortunately, those choices are only for the 1993-up bikes, the 1985-1992 models (yours) have a different mounting bolt spacing for the calipers I mentioned, which have a 100 mm o.c. spacing. They also require the 298 mm dia. rotors from the 1993-up VMax models.

Sean Morley does offer a single-sided Suzuki sportbike caliper & rotor setup for the early bikes that the users who have it are happy with the setup. He can probably suggest what matching master cylinders would provide you with adjustable levers, and which may be available from the bike 'breakers' as our British friends refer to used parts entrepreneurs.
Thank you! Nothing really wrong with mine I just wanted something better cosmetically. I think I will have them powder coated for a better look.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The stock bore master cylinder should be a good match for the busa masters. Look for something in the 15 or 16mm range or 5/8 like stock.

Certain year FZ1 master cylinders have a 16mm bore and have a hole for the mirror like the stock master. Though, I believe you would need to tap the hole. It's most likely just drilled.

There are a few on ebay. Look at the pictures closely. The older ones are 14mm and the newer 16. It's stamped right on the housing.

Some FJR masters are 15mm. Might have a bit more travel than you want. Might be just fine. I believe it's the ABS models with the 15. They are newer and don't have the hole for the mirror.

Lots of OEM options if you do some research.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back