New England guys need to hunker down

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stay safe guys, sounds like a quagmire in the making. 2 feet of snow around here is a lot easier to handle because we have only a few roads that need to be plowed and not the amount of population that you guys have to deal with. Our schools wouldn't normally close with that much snow unless it was coupled with high winds.

Let it snow...I'm in for the week-end...got 2 seasons of the Walking Dead , 6 seasons of Oz , 3 seasons of True Blood...I know that's some old stuff but catching up is better late than never...:biglaugh:

Let it snow...I'm in for the week-end...got 2 seasons of the Walking Dead , 6 seasons of Oz , 3 seasons of True Blood...I know that's some old stuff but catching up is better late than never...:biglaugh:

It's only a party as long as the power & cable stays on...:eusa_dance:

Damn! All you guys take care up there!I used to love it now i keep my ass inside where it's warm.We had 3 feet+ in 93,Nothing moved.Stay safe.Be careful.Hope all goes well.

Local amounts are 27.5 inches...drifts at 5+ feet...just another day in New England in February...nothing can match it...:worthy: The R/T's buried but the Harley and Honda are nice and dry in the garage...:punk:

Only bout 14 inches here with some pretty good drifts,up at 7 and cleared out by 10 I'll have to go out again later to clean up the blowing snow.Both bikes cozy in a heated garage!

5 ft drifts is sure something, but all you southerners (ie NY, NJ, etc...) need to spend a winter in Saskatchewan. you just got 2 ft of snow at once... big deal, fire up the snowblowers and FINALLY a reason to use 4 wheel drive. we get 2 - 4 inches a week easily, and lately its been more. the ditches on the highways are full and 8" to a foot of blown snow on the roads is common.

I laugh when I watch the news and see idiots trying to drive in there civics and prius', stuck. you don't see that around here. cause you know better than to drive that junk around here in the winter.

They never shut school down for winter storms around here as well... its funny how unprepared some places really are.

I am in the bad spot where winter happens in oct and bikes come out in april/may. its a very short bike season.

I guess im trying to say, most of you never see a significant amount of snow except for the extreme storm, you guys don't realize how good you do have it normally...

All in good humour of course.

hoping everyone is safe and warm,
im gonna go skidooing...
peace,
evan...

5 ft drifts is sure something, but all you southerners (ie NY, NJ, etc...) need to spend a winter in Saskatchewan. you just got 2 ft of snow at once... big deal, fire up the snowblowers and FINALLY a reason to use 4 wheel drive. we get 2 - 4 inches a week easily, and lately its been more. the ditches on the highways are full and 8" to a foot of blown snow on the roads is common.

I laugh when I watch the news and see idiots trying to drive in there civics and prius', stuck. you don't see that around here. cause you know better than to drive that junk around here in the winter.

They never shut school down for winter storms around here as well... its funny how unprepared some places really are.

I am in the bad spot where winter happens in oct and bikes come out in april/may. its a very short bike season.

I guess im trying to say, most of you never see a significant amount of snow except for the extreme storm, you guys don't realize how good you do have it normally...

im gonna go skidooing...
peace,
evan...

Evan I got 2 feet of heavy wet snow in southeastern Massachusetts. 60-80 mile per hour winds. Unbelievable amount of trees down cause the snow was so heavy.
I'm sure in Canada it's mostly fluffy snow most of the time because of the crazy ass low temps. I love snow but this was a bit much to fast.
Mark

youre right about the snow being fluffy about half the time around here... the biggest problem is wind. everything drifts and becomes as hard as a rock. cause its so damn flat here. really fun to hit those drifts on the highways. I hope you get dug out...

I guess im just used to it is all. I don't mean any disrespect in my first post but its funny how the media makes such a big deal about everything. blizzards and snowfall warnings happens all the time around here. I cant tell you how many times ive driven in a white out. as I said im just used to it.

peace,
evan...

im gonna go skidooing...
peace,
evan...

Weather is simular to fast cars....there's always someone out there to "best you". Your weather is crazier & a shorter bike season for sure. I'm pretty much happy with the balance I have here, 4 months of winter or so, I think I would prefer 3. And then the "real" southern guys will chime in to say 0 snow is "better".....it's all in what you prefer or can put up with obviously......:punk:

All I know is this storm although pretty good didn't deliver as advertised here. The tv weather even said my immediate area received 24" but is actually 16-17.......pretty good but certainly NOT historic!! They just love to exaggerate.

Oh yeah, and Max in the garage dry & happy..............No Mayhem falling through the garage roof on this storm. LOL....

Back